I have a suspected lyphoma in my arm on the opposite side of my left elbow. I want to have it removed since I can sometimes feel numbness in my hand. I went to a doctor and he said he will remove it under general anesthesia to minimize certain complications (paralysis perhaps) considering the depth of the mass. I went to another doctor for 2nd opinion due to my apprehension of the general anesthesia. This 2nd doctor said, he can excise the mass under local anesthesia and that the numbness i feel is just a psychological effect. Is it necessary for me to have general anesthesia and be confined in the hospital for 3 days to have this mass removed? Is this not an outpatient procedure?

I just saw a Doc yesterday who diagnosed a lyphoma on the inside of my thigh. he told me to wait 4 months to see if it subsided or bothered me and if i wanted it removed, he would do so in his office with a local. he said that the only attachment is most like a blood vessel or two. A simple in and out surgery. Of course nothing is simple but is probably close.

Not to worry, I just had eleven lyphomas removed two week ago. Not a big deal at all, I did go to a surgery center in my area, the Dr. just used a local and removed them one at a time. It took about an hour, and the biggest one was about the size of a large grape. (a little bigger). He did stitch the bottom layer of skin and then used a glue for the top layer, then covered them with butterfly bandages then larger dressings. Just need to keep them clean and dry, let the butterflys fall off on their own and thats about it, no problem. I will see him tomorrow for a follow up, but everything looks good to me. Hope this was of some help.

I had what the. Dr thought was a lyphoma removed from my calf a little over two months ago. Turns out it was fluid filled cyst that connected to the bone. The Dr. Just took a small piece of the cyst because he didn't want to be too invasive. This was done under local anesthetic. 

Im now on my fifth prescription of antibiotics! The wound hasn't healed 100% because it keeps draining. For almost three weeks, I was going to the nurse having the wound packed. It's finally almost healed, but I was told yesterday that I need to have the remainder of the cyst removed. But, they won't do that until it heals 100%! I really wish I didn't have it removed in the first place....

I went through two lyphoma excisions, one was two years ago on the nape of kneck and it was LA . 1 hour procedure. Today, I went for another excision at my back and also under LA. I hour procedure. I rested at the hospital ward for two hours and I drove 40 k m bacteria to my home..

Back to my home. It was done in a public hospital. I was on waiting list for two months. No big deal as it was a small lump. Cost was just a fraction compared to a private hospital

Mind you, a LA will cause you pain as during the procedure the anaesthetic will ware off. It all depends on the skills of the surgeon performing the procedure