Hi there,

I have no idea what to do, I have this constant feeling that someone is following me wherever I go. I remember that my mom's friend used to think this too and I was always kind of making fun of her, but now it is happening to me, am I going crazy? 

I am really scared and I don't know what to do about this, I can't seem to get these thoughts out of my mind. Is this paranoia, am I being paranoid? Somebody help me, please, I don't know what to do anymore, I am freaking out, completely.

I don't know what to tell you, I never had any friends or family who were afraid of being followed, that is just weird. And I think that this is indeed paranoia, you are being paranoid.

I think that the best thing for you to do is probably to start seeing a psychologist. Perhaps your problem goes even deeper than your psychologist can handle and he might redirect you to a psychiatrist. I am not sure, but you should probably just start seeing a psychologist and then just follow his instructions, I am pretty sure that he will be able to help you out.

I think Gaia has a good point here, psychologist would probably be the best choice here since you are dealing with a mental problem. Behavioral cognitive therapy could also be good for you but I guess that you can just visit your doctor and tell him about your fear, then he will redirect you to wherever you need to go.

I can only tell you that fighting this isn't going to be easy and that it is going to take some time in order to overcome it, and that there is a chance that you will never be able to completely get over it.

I don't think that this is something that can ever be treated because it is like a seed that is planted inside your mind, you cannot just take it out. I guess that the only thing that you can do is to learn how to live with this, and in order to get there, you are going to need some help. I think that a psychologist or a psychiatrist will be able to help you on this one, I think that you will need their help actually, you couldn't possibly manage to overcome this on your own, at least I think so.

That is an extremely awkward fear! Been there, seen that! I had similar fear, but for a couple of months that fear was bigger than before and I had a feeling like somebody is going to kill me... So, after a while I have decided to seek for help. So I did it. Trust me, no one could help me like psychiatrist did. I was talking with him every second day in the week about my constant fears, about my problems and he helped me. He really did. Of course, he gave me some antidepressants because I was not able to cope with this constant fear of being followed and murderer without them. Even if I was really against them before, now I am not sorry. I am happy because I was using them. Try to talk to an expert.

That is a serious issue. And it is definitely a paranoia. And trust me, you can't help yourself alone. You really should find someone and you really should talk to someone.

Look, when your worries are messing up your mind, throw them out into the open- which means that you really should find someone. I am sure that you will find a people who are going to give you great advice, and you can feel less worried about your current issues. That constant fear and those ideas will disappear once you share them out loud with someone you completely trust, it doesn't matter who that person is. Also, you may find that there are other people who share the same worries as you and I am sure that together you will be able to cope with it. Talk, talk and talk!

So I am going crazy. This is karma, this is definitely karma, do you believe in karma? I used to laugh at my mom's friend and now this is happening to me, I deserved it, now I've became paranoid and I'm going crazy, how lovely.

Okay, I need help, I certainly need help but how do I find these psychologists or psychiatrists? Are they all good, can they, like, make my condition even worse than it already is? And how much time do you think it might take to get over this, to at least learn how to fight these thoughts?

Hi. I don't really believe in karma. I actually never did believe in it. I also had a really bad time while I was struggling with my paranoia. I believed that this thing will never go away. I was dealing with huge fear and now when I look back, I can see that this fear was for no reason. But than, I felt like this fear is going to destroy me. Like many of you guys, I was refusing to see a doctor as well because I was convinced that no one can help me but myself. Well, I was so wrong. I can tell you that doctor almost saved my life. I just don't want to imagine what could happen to me without his help! So, do it. Seek for help before this paranoia destroys you.

Good day. 

My good friend also had a feeling that someone is going after her and that somebody is going to kill her. That was really paranoia because she is amazing girl and everyone loves her.

But she had that feeling for some reason.

Well, there are several ways that can help you in this. For example, you first need to identify the cause of your constant fear. Second, you need to remember that you need to free your mind from negative thoughts. You can try that with some good, relaxing music. Third and the most important thing is that you need to find  a help from someone who is an expert.

GL!