Hello everyone,

Just recently I heard some people talking about this test called a Stress Heart test. It's the first time I heard about it and I figured out that it can give you some info about your heart.

I know about cardiac catheterization which can also give you some info about your heart and see if there are any problems with it, but I've heard that this test is even better than cardiac catheterization. Do you happen to know anything about this because I'm really curious to know what can it show. What can doctors find out about a person's heart from Stress Heart test?

Hello Bee,

This is more often called just a Stress test. 

A Stress test is used in order to test someone for heart diseases. Stress test is a test performed by a doctor or a trained technician to determine the amount of stress that your heart can handle before developing either an abnormal rhythm or evidence of ischemia(not enough blood flow to the heart muscle).

There are a few types of Stress Heart tests and these are:

- Exercise Stress test (also called the Treadmill Stress test, it is the mostly used one)

- Dobutamine or Adenosine Stress test

- Stress echocardiogram and

- Nuclear Stress test.

Hi you two,

This is a very good test, I've had some personal experience with it.

It can discover a lot of things regarding your heart's condition. It can tell if there is adequate blood flow to your heart during levels of activity, it can evaluate the effectiveness of your heart medications to control angina and ischemia, it can determine the likelihood of having coronary heart disease and the need for further evaluation, it can check the effectiveness of procedures done to improve blood flow within the heart vessels in people with coronary heart disease, it can identify abnormal heart rhythms, it can asses the function of heart valves if they are not functioning properly and it can help you develop a safe exercising program.

Hey guys,

I'll agree that this is indeed a good test since it can tell you a lot about your heart, as you can see for yourself from the things that Health n Joy wrote above.

People who have diabetes, however, are not recommended to do this test for several reasons. But even if you have diabetes and you want to do it, you can consult with your doctor and he will tell you what you need to do if you want to do the test.

One more thing, at the day of the test, wear soft soled shoes suitable for walking and comfortable clothes, don't bring any valuables.

Hey there.

There are so many things that doctors can find out about your heart from stress heart test. For example, they can find out what heart failures you are dealing with. Stress test is sometimes called a treadmill test or exercise test. It help your doctor to find out how well your heart is working, is it working well or not so well. As your body works harder during this test, it requires more fuel and your heart will pump more blood in this case.

Test will show a lot of things in this case and your doctor will explain this to you.

A lot if you are at higher risk for heart disease or if you are having symptoms such as discomfort in your chest or even shortness of breath. In that case your doctor can offer you to do certain tests. Not offer – order you! But you can also test just to be sure are there any chances for any heart disease.

You doctor can also want to determine if the fatty plaques inside your blood vessels pose a low, medium or high possibility for heart attack. Those tests are very good because they will help your doctor to determine do you need a treatment, what kind of treatment is necessary and what is the best.

Good day everyone.

I was against this stress heart test until I needed to do it. And guess what? It really helped me a lot. My doctor recommended me to do it and I was a little bit skeptical at the beginning, but I accepted to do it because he was literally forcing me. He is my friend I understand him.

So, I did it and thanks to this stress heart test I found out about my heart problems.

So no one can’t tell me that this test is not helpful. It is and I do know it from my own experience.

Hello. Well, you I need to thank you about this advice because my cardiologist recommended me to do this stress test, but I said – NO. I was pretty sure that this test can measure only how stressed I am but now I see that this can help me determine are there any heart issues. I have some heart issues but I think that this test would be just amazing to find out what am I dealing with exactly.

If this is a good test as all of you are telling, I will call my doctor and scheduled myself for it.

I am hoping for good results :)