Hey everyone. I had some ECG test a few days ago and I didn't feel comfortable at all. I just hate when I need to do some tests like those. I don't feel safe even if I do know that they are safe. Now, after that my doctor told me that I should go and do this Thallium stress test. OK, what this is? And why Thallium? Can anyone tell me more about this, can anyone explain me this? I don't even know what this test is for? Can you tell me what is the purpose of Thallium stress test? Thank you! 

Good day everyone. I had this stress test before two months. Look, thallium stress test is a nuclear imaging method that shows how well blood flows into the heart muscle. It follows it in  both of cases, while you are at rest and during activity. This test is done at a medical center or health care provider's office. It is done in stages that your doctor is going to explain you. After you do this test, your health care provider will compare the first and second set of pictures using a computer. And this will help you to detect is everything OK and do you have any problems with your heart.

Hello. I think that this is more likely a regular treadmill stress test. The only difference is the use of an isotope dye - thallium. This test is usually combined with an exercise stress test on a treadmill or stationary bicycle. That is a normal procedure. This test can help your doctor to determine the causes of chest pain that you are having, the level of exercise you can perform safely, the extent of any coronary artery damage from a heart attack,etc. It is pretty much good test. I understand your concern, but you should not be that scared. Good luck.

Good day everyone. This is nucleartest, and  thallium stress test is performed by a cardiologist who specializes in nuclear medicine.  The procedure is usually done in a hospital setting, or a specialized testing center. Before the procedure, patients needs to be prepared. The preparation for the nuclear thallium stress test is the same as for the echo stress test, except that the patient should avoid caffeine and smoking for 36-48 hours prior to the test. Also, you should not eat whole night before the test. Additionally, women who are or might be pregnant or who are nursing should tell their doctors. The patient will experience an IV insertion. Because of the two-part nature of the test the process takes several hours and it's advisable to bring a book or other activity. It can be very seriously if you don't inform your doctor about your current stage before this test/ Good luck.

Greetings folks. Well, I just came out of the hospital after having Thallium stress test. The preparation was rally hard for me since I am a smoker (I smoke more than two box of cigarettes per day). But my doctor
explained to me why I need to "quit" smoking before this procedure. It was nothing that dangerous, actually it was safe and pretty much ok. Also, the purpose of thallium stress test is to see do you have any dangerous heart problems or not. If your doctor recommended you to do it, you definitely should. It is uncomfortable at the beginning.