a couple months ago i had pneumonia and after my symptoms went away i had a lump like sensation in my throat the whole time i was sick i was looking at hiv and pneumonia on the internet and evey time i found a new symptom i seemed to get that <not any physical marks> but like headachs and muscle pain it made me feel very depressed on top of the already depressing finishing of high school and not knowing were to go in life.. right before i got sick me and my friends were experimenting with marijuana <never again> the last time i had sex was 7-8 months befor i got sick i never had unproteced sex never any condom breaking.. but about a month after my pneumonia symptoms went away i still had muscle pain and the doctor recently told me i had some oral thrush on my inner cheek i was on antibiotics and steroids that could be were the thrush came from and all my life i always chewed the inside of my cheek and it always looked white as well as my tounge i need help has anyone ever exerienced pneumonia before is this normal to fell slightly wwak and slightly achy afterwords i do have very mild diarrhea not water just soft and not frequent about 3 maby four times a day i also have a mold problem in my house the medicine i was taking was mucinex sudifed <for my sinus problems> tylonal alka seltzer along with my percription antibiotics and steroid ...please someone help

When HIV turns to AIDS, a person's number of white blood cells decreases to a certain number which increases the risk of infection. These infections are called opportunistic infections. It typically takes between 5 and 15 years for HIV to progress into AIDS which means it is between that period that people with HIV/AIDS start getting an increased number of infections. The infections persons with AIDS get are relatively uncommon for individuals without the virus and with healthy immune systems.

Risk factors for getting HIV include having unprotected sex, sharing needles, and anything where body fluids can be exchanged through mucus membranes or open wounds. This includes unprotected oral sex because your mouth has mucus membranes from which the virus can enter... both semen AND vaginal secretions can harbor HIV.

I do not know of any correlation between smoking marijuana and HIV, as the virus is not in saliva.

As far as body aches and pains, mold exposure can sometimes create these symptoms. It sounds like the thrush was a result from your antibiotics, not necessarily and HIV infection. Being a student in high school, I'm assuming your probably under a lot of stress and probably don't get much sleep. Being stressed and fatigued can increase your risk for contracting pneumonia.

My recommendation to you is to get tested for HIV/AIDS. From what you've described it sounds as if you don't have the risk factors for HIV and most likely don't have it, but since you feel uneasy about it the best thing to do would be to get tested. Just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps and good luck.

i did receive oral but no visible cuts in her mouth i had no cuts or scrapes or any thing on my penis