I am a man in his mid 20's. I am seeing a girl who was recently sexually assaulted. Obviously, until her test results come back we will not be having any full on sex (and of course she needs time to be mentally ready for that anyway). She has even mentioned how concerned she is for her HIV test (since she does have to wait 6 months to be sure). I don't know all the details about her assault, but the guy did wear a condom (through most of it, it apparently had fallen off at some point due to him being limp, but he did use objects on her which irritated her insides, which would indeed make her more susceptible to infection, assuming of course he even had it, so barring that her getting it from this experience does appear to me statistically unlikely).

Anyway though, I was a little concerned after she recently gave me a blow job. I suppose it's my mind running off with itself, but she does have TMJ, and she mentioned due to that she often cuts her lower lip when giving a blow job. Now, it doesnt seem to be a serious cut, no visible blood or anything, but it got me thinking, at least until her results do come back, how at risk I am from getting anything via a blow job. From a brief search I have read that while it's possible, it's very rare (as in only a few documented cases).

So am I largely at low risk? Any help or feedback would be appreciated. I of course do not want to bring this concern up with her unless it's warranted, considering what she's going through, and the likelihood that she probably will be fine (test wise), so I want to try and just look into this myself for now and not let my potential hypochondria be a burden on her.

Hello there! When having oral sex with an HIV infected partner the risk is much less than with anal or vaginal intercourse. Still, there have been document cases of HIV transmission strictly from oral sex. With fellatio (blowjob), there is a theoretical risk of transmission for the female partner because infected pre-ejaculate ("pre-cum") fluid or semen can get into the mouth. For the mail partner there is a theoretical risk of infection because infected blood from a partner's bleeding gums or an open sore could come in contact with a scratch, cut, or sore on the penis. So the chances are small, but still they exist. Today, it just happens to be the World Aids Day, and the free testing is organized all around the world. You can check out if there's free testing in your town today too, there must be. It is anonymous so you don't have to worry if someone is going to find out. Good luck.

As I had mentioned, the one thing that concerned me was that she said due to her TMJ it caused her to have a cut on her upper lip from her teeth I think when giving oral sex. I didn't ask how serious the cut was but I didnt see blood or anything. I'm glad to hear outside of that the risk is low (assuming she even has it), but I wasn't sure how much this inadvertent cut can or could make it (I have no cuts on me, but the tip of the penis is still a potential entry point, is it not?).

I am not nervous I would give her HIV, as I am fine in that regard, so cumming in her mouth is something I am not nervous about...again, at least as far as the risk I might give her something.

That's good to know about World Aids Day, however, much for the same reason I do not know if she's fine yet, I dont think an AIDS exam would be particularly useful for me right now, as they say waiting 3-6 months after exposure is what one must do for an accurate result (and that's what she's doing). so I dunno, I am getting more and more nervous about her assailant and the difficulty finding him and his elusiveness, not that that means he has HIV for any reason, but I was hoping outside of this heinous crime he was a normal person and this just makes me a little nervous she may have gotten something from him and now I could get something from her. Again though, we aren't having sex for that very reason, but I am not sure how nervous I should be about receiving oral sex from her.

chances are minimal...one reason oral sex is SO popular

PLUS its natural birth control:)