Now I'm 3 years without a single relapse and I have no intention of smoking again, no desire or urge. Admittedly I feel much better compared with how I did when I smoked, no wheezing or coughing, my head is much clearer.

But still I feel paranoid. It's like it builds up, slowly, accumulative, and then suddenly I realize I'm just f*****g so scared of everything around me, like everybody is focused on me, and everybody is talking about me. It's horrible.

If anyone has had similar experiences it would be great to hear about them.

Hi I am having same problems but mine has been for years! Maybe 2 or 3. Im very worried as I have been withdrawn from society. Lost most of friends and work. Im very worried i could have psychosis or schizophrenia. But doctors are so useless in my area i cant get help. Dont worry you arent suffering alone. I started smoking green at 13 and im 23 now. Gave up 2 years ago but the damage was probably already done! I find it hard to talk to people now. Feel like people are out to get me. Its horrible!

Psychosis is possible but schizophrenia is unlikely - more likely OCD (intrusive thoughts). I have found that it is getting better with time, slowly. I think it takes ten years to recover from something like this because it means changing my entire lifestyle. I have since taken up Martial Arts, Yoga, Bodybuilding, Painting, anything to get some healthy social interaction and this definitely helps. Also a little Sertraline ;)