what is happening to my body?
i have quit smoking for 2 weeks and as a result,i suffer with bad chest pains.what is causing this?

I suffer a similar problem except the pain is in my back roughly situated where my left lung is, I have not touched a cigarette since the 2nd of Feb but the pain has persisted for 2 days and it happens every time I breathe in (air).

Same again, as well as pain in my foot which, according to a reflexologist is in the spot that represents my heart.

Apparently chest pain after giving up smoling is common, but when you are going through it, extremely concerning! I have been to a doctor who, believe it or not, merely told me to cover my chest area more! He didn't even take my blood pressure!

I have googled to find out why and received no real answers. My theory is stress on the body from giving up, improvement in blood circulation etc but I have heard of heavy smokers giving up and having a heart attack because of the strain. This is a health worry and I would really like somebody to give an informed answer, we are all told to give up smoking for our health but it would be bloody ironic if you dropped dead from a heart attack in the process!

SAME! ive been having on and off chest pain, mainly in the left side of the chest, at random times.
i havent had a cigarette [ok a few drags a couple of days ago] in a couple of weeks.

keep on praying please :[

I quit New Years and now towards the end of Feburary, still no cigarettes.. Chest pains were intense and I've realized they've gone away the past week or so. Basically, I believe, the lungs upon repairing, have to be retrained, so I think the deep breathing exercises helped.

Hi Guys!
I have been quitting for a week now and share the same intense pain in my left lung that I can also feel threw my back. the pain hurts everytime I breath. a more educated answer would be apreciated. Good luck.

Stopping cigar is an external thing but so far your body has consumed
nicotine. Your body is addicted to nicotine. So even you want to stop
smoking cigar with your good will, your body could not accept the sudden
rejection of nicotine. So, first purify your body my taking more fruits and
vegetables. Meanwhile stop quittin cigars one by one.
If you are carrying more cigars with you, then carry only 15 cigars for the
first week. For the second week, carry only 10. Here the constraint is that
you are not forcing yourself to keep away from cigars. Rather you are
reducing the nicotine content intake from your body. If your body needs
100% nicotine then we are giving only 75% and not stopping to 0% suddenly.
So your body will also cope up.
The some psycological autosuggestions like, " Cigar, You are good. But your
smoke is my enemy. Get away from me. Leave me alone like. I hate you" Like that.
If you continue this, your body will adapt to this new mind set and cooperate with
your new decision. The main thing is CHEAT YOUR MIND AS FAR AS YOU CAN FOR A
GOOD CAUSE.
Hope this will be helpful for about 10 to 15 % friends. All the best for you to gain control
over your health and habits.

uffff i stop smoking and now u have pain in chest head shoulder i m really sick n scare

I am experiencing the same things. I have been a heavy pot smoker for bout 10 years,( I am 26 now) and been smoking cigs on top of that for bout 6 years. I never really smoked cigs too too much but Im sure they do not help. I recently just quit everything all together,and I have been experiencing tingling and like hot flashes in my chest. Also the left side of my chest feels really tight and strained. It dosnt hurt its just very uncomfortable, and Im always thinkingabout it becuase its always there. I just hope my lungs repair themselves and this goes away becasue its very annoying

Yup same thing has happened to me, been smoker off and on for 20 years, been smoking a lot last few years but decided it was time to quit, so I stopped cold turkey 2 weeks and 3 days ago. Since then I have had cold symptoms, sore throat and chest tightness. I wouldn't call it "pain' just a tightness that is really unnerving. One of those things that comes and goes, but sure notice it. I know it is "normal" to go through some kind of withdraws and I know that this is only temporary - hopefully so is the damage I did to my body during that time.

I've smoked about ten roll-ups a day for just over ten years- reduced my levels to about half two weeks ago for a week, then this last week smoked 5 cheap straights (nasty) 3 hamlets (smelly) and ten marlboro red which I did during music college for a while after I started smoking initially). Smoked my last red as part of four in a chain (aversion therapy) the day before yesterday, and now I have the same thing- chest pains, feels like someone's tightening a vice around my lungs. I had it once or twice in the last year after a heavy session on the bud too though- presumably because I went from a 1/8 - 1/4 oz a week standard down to the odd tenspot owing to having to study, so was increasing the tar load on the lungs more noticeably over the odd long weekend. Annoying that a.) they don't warn you about it (though it might discourage the potential quitter), and b.) nobody has a reaosnable explanation, so I have had to derive one myself. How long did everyone elses's last for?

well i am 20 years old, i have smoked since i was 15 (started getting bad when i was 17) i recently quit about a month ago. i have a drag of someones only when i drink which isnt a lot but anyway...i was smoking close to a pack a day for the last year and after having some health problems such as extreme weight loss, trouble breathing, my heart beat was extremely rapid etc. i decided to quit. i went to the doctor (which was a total joke) and they barely told me anything. they did an EKG and a chest xray and said everything was fine i just needed to exercise. whatever that means... but now my symptoms are a very sharp pain in my lower throat(possibly my lymph nodes) every once in a while this is very rare. also i have trouble taking deep breaths a lot and when i do it feels as if theyve been stretched out and are sore or something... i am hoping they are just healing themselves or something.. this is probably unrelated but my joints have been extremely sore as well also they pop like crazy!! i dont have the money to go to the doctor everytime a new symptom pops up so i was hoping to get some feedback from someone who is possible going through the same thing.

Hey I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and am going through uncomfortable heart pain now. Sounds the exact same as every post here actually. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for a check up btw. My question for you though is I notice you posted this 3 weeks ago, have you noticed any improvements since then?

I have quit smoking for almost 2 months now and just recently visited the ER for chest pain on the left side around my heart. They diagnosed me with chest wall pain/inflammation. After talking to my brother, who also smoked, he told me the same thing happened to him years ao when he quit smoking. Said his lasted about two weeks. My chest pain wakes me up at night but I was told to just take Motrin or Naproxen and it will eventually go away. Hang in there people. I truly believe it is our body gettting stronger and in return adding more stress to other areas. Oh! I also am smoking the electric cigarette now too if there are those of you that miss the routine of smoking. They blow out smoke like a cigarette and even come without nicotine. I think I would still be smoking without it. Good luck!

I got off the e-cigs because of chest pain I think they caused the inflammation which has eased off since stopping the e-cigs been off cigs for 4weeks now still feel like s**t