I recently smoked with a friend of mine and felt very odd. There was just three of us and we smoked a dime in a blunt. This was my fourth time smoking ever and was a little worried because the last time I smoked (1 year before) I had a bad trip. I'll explain that later. About 5 minutes into out session and 4 hits later I am very high but I feel extremely weird. I feel heavy and slow like I had no energy, walking was very difficult and I felt like I was very very close to throwing up. 15 minutes in my head begins to spin very badly. My eyes are constantly forced down and I find it very difficult to look straight ahead or even up. I feel like my eyes are swinging left to right and I feel like my heart is pounding extremely fast. I kept asking my friends if it was and they felt my heart beat and it really was. About an hour or two after smoking we get something to eat and I feel a little better as the high wears off. Why did this happen to me? Has it happened to anyone else out there? Why?

My bad trip: Earlier I mentioned how I was worried about smoking before the last time I did, I had a bad trip. About a year before this I was with a few friends and we decided to smoke. This was going to be my third time smoking and I was feeling good. We began to smoke a blunt between the 6 of us and I took my first hit. I don't feel anything really and it comes around again so I take my second hit. Now my chest tightens and I feel very warm, nothing abnormal. Just before it comes around again in time for my 3rd hit, I began to become very light headed. I knew it wasn't the high kicking in but it was a weird feeling. I take a third hit and pass it. Right after the exhale I get tunnel vision. Then my vision gets fuzzy (like static in a tv, or a vertigo) and the next thing I know my friends are standing over me telling me to wake up. I had apparently lost consciousness for a few seconds and hit the ground. A friend of mine helps me up but I don't feel right for some reason. Standing is extremely difficult and so is talking. My vision is spinning. It feels like I'm sitting on a merry go round and I can't focus in on anything and am just constantly looking around. It's hard to keep my balance and I decided to get something to eat with a friend. Walking to the restaurant was very difficult and there are parts that I don't even remember. Like just empty voids that never happened. After eating A LOT of food at the restaurant (guess I had the munchies) we walk back to out apartment. On the way my vision is still spinning and it's very difficult for me to look anywhere but down. I still have a hard time talking and feel like I'm dying. About 5 minutes away from home with no warning of feeling at all I throw up. Everything I had just ate I threw right back up for some reason. I didn't feel nauseas or anything it just upchucked right in front of me. We finally get home and I pass out on my bed for the next 12 hours. I wake up the next day and feel fine. Like nothing happened. That was my bad trip and it really was BAD.

Does anyone know why any of this happened to me? It's really worrying and I've thought about seeing a doctor to see if I have something wrong with me.

My first high was similar. I took three hits from a joint, and didn't feel anything for five minutes. Suddenly reality was moving a bit slowly and my eyes became dilated and began to pulsate a bit. I stepped out of the washroom and that's when the plunge began. I felt like I was falling faster and faster, objects started to look really focused, and there were pulsating streams of bubbles rising from everything. I remember hearing a hum that was like being in slow-motion, then everything started to sound low-quality and old, and echoed endlessly. I'd get deja-vu over and over. I'd hear water flowing through one pipe above me, then two, five, ten, fifty, a thousand, and I felt like I was racing through myself over and over, and I got stuck in loops where everything would repeat faster and faster and after five seconds they'd be repeating hundreds of times while stretching and bouncing up and down, and my body would be thrown up, then it would race back down like gravity was 100x heavier and I'd see my body spinning around really quickly, then suddenly stop like I had hit the ground.

My face looked VERY old, large and grey. I felt like I was at a pale, pinkish bar a lot of the time. I also felt like I was drifting through a grey void and time slowed down. I saw what looked like the "game" or "progam" of reality and had serious tunnel vision with a huge white center. I also had synesthesia of my senses, where they merged with each other and I saw what I heard, felt what I saw, etc. Time slowed down more and more and I was sure that I had less one minute to live before reality shut down and I died and saw my friends and family waving at me and drifting away. I felt like I was seeing myself in newspapers, graveyard, etc, and reality had just been a basic game and I was in a very deep, dark hole where nothing existed. When I came back everything was melting, merging, and sparkling, and reality was switching between red, green, and yellow. Everything looked extremely futuristic, creepily futuristic and foreign. I later had another out-of-body experience where I had a real field of vision and one of my "ghost" which was like an imaginary pair of eyes that could move wherever I wanted them to. Nothing much happened after that.

Then I had my sixth high, which was about as strong but it was fun. I barely remembered the first three hours, and I felt high for the next day. I felt a bit slow and got deja-vu and really fragmented speech for about three weeks after that.

Since then I've gotten addicted to marijuana and have had things like godesses pampering and comforting me, and monsters ripping me apart. One high consisted of being sent out of reality and into a dome with cruel god-like beings looming over me and telling me how naive I was for thinking reality was real. I saw machines like power generators, each of which created and ran someone's life. I've thought I was in hell's kitchen, demons frying me, explosions bursting out of their heads and c**p like that. The warning sign was often that everything was "smiling" at me in a very serious and sinister way, and sounds seemed grim. Everything would seem really grim. Not just dark, but black. Evil and sinister to infinity. Robotic assassins would be trembling with the desire to open the door and kill me. Any door. It was just a phobic feeling of paranoia that was caused mainly by the weed. There were times when the house became a terrible hospital in which there were humans screaming to the sound of drills and saws, and blood would gush from the walls made of raw meat, what was now a living slaughterhouse which ended up devouring me. I felt like I was living in a grey prison cell all along, more real than reality (reality was the imaginary part), and the guards had come to terminate me. I've also had some of the best experiences of my life on weed.

Anyway, I am in the process of quitting now (I have cut back my dose by a lot). I can't wait to get that c**p completely out of me and recover a bit more. Every friend I have seen has become more childish and slow from weed. I became very slow and paranoid. People start smoking and then find ways to convince each other that it's good or at least not bad. It's a drug, a seriously mind-altering substance with the potential to cause brain damage. I consider alcohol to be less harmful overall, and far less scarring, compared to stronger strains of pot. Take care, and don't be so quick to trust the claims made by pot smokers or hippies.

Its a good thing you are trying to quit because the symptoms you are describing sound very very similar to those of someone who is becoming schizophrenic. I highly reccommend you stop smoking because smoking weed makes the schizophrenia worse. Ive had experiences similar to the first post. Heart racing, feeling like I'm not in control of myself, and I've even fainted once, but having legitimate hallucinations from smoking weed is not healthy (I'm not saying the other stuff is). I've had some very good times high, and some pretty scary ones. I find that when i dont go as hard or drink little first I enjoy the feeling more. Maybe I'll stop soon. Probably after college we'll see.

marijuana isnt that bad actualy, alcohol is alot worse and marijuana does not cause any brain damage.

I feel that it's something that's bound to happen at some point depending on how far you push your limits. If you do continue to smoke weed, I suggest finding a happy amount that doesn't take you to such a negative place. It not only brings you down physically, but mentally, and at the end you probably won't feel like you've accomplished much in doing so. All I feel from it is pain and inertia, so try to avoid pushing your boundaries. Get to know what feels right for your body and I don't reccomend smoking on an empty stomach/sleep deprivation, especially in larger amounts. If you begin to smoke more, of course, your tolerance will go up - however it still isn't the best idea to push just because of this. I would suggest short breaks when you feel that you aren't getting the same effect that you enjoy from smoking.

Now im a girl who is forteen ive smoked 3 jays in my life first 2 times didnt feel no diffrent jst a lil bit sleep but recent time was the Bomb sh*t i tell you i wasnt smokin it rite then it just snapped i did it right looked to my left and my boy i was smokin with looked diffrent he looked immensely 3 demintional the world looked fake like i was at the movies watchin a 3 d movie.i felt sooo weird but good and my body feelt ths tingling sensation and i felt like i was drifteing away by its self it was so weird i never felt anything like it and i was laughin my ass of bout everything it was the best moment of my life i smoked that strong strawberry kush that is the sh*t ioon smoke regular weed i got hi standards and next time i wana get soo hi and never come down weed is my bestfried and dont ever get scared by the idea of it weed is your friend too !

Sounds like K2 or spice if you ask me but of that was your first tome doing it then hell yeh it will trip you out. And weed is and always will be healthier for you than alcohol. And that is a fact

sorry if you had a bad trip,you don't need to smoke pot...my mom died of alcohol and it ruined her liver,I had to watch her suffer for days in,she was in agony!! I have smoked some pot and only got the munchies,and I, like you have had bad experiences when i smoked with friends,I didn't know where it came from or what was in it..but...I would rather smoke some good home grown than drink poison...I do not buy pot from just anyone,and no one should..they are lacing it with all kinds of c**p now days..so I thought I'd let you know that all pot is not bad,and yes it is a drug but it is not mind altering unless it was laced with something...been smoking for yrs and until in the past 2-3 I have NEVER had one bad "trip"..now on the other hand my sister passed out at a Ted Nugent concert and she has not smoked since,lol...but she just can't handle it and that is that...she hyperventilated..simple but scared the sh*t out of her...and who wouldn't be scared of that...but she got to drinking bad but now after yrs of drinking,she is not doing it anymore..,but she (we) has lost her daughter 4 months ago,found unconscious in a hotel room,only 10 mins from our home town..she was hung,and took to hospital and was on life support for 10 days until my sister had to make a tough decision..we are not sure who or why or even if she did it,herself,her boyfriend was there but called 3 different people before calling 911..he claimed he had stepped out to smoke a cig.,and while he was outside she had text him minutes before he reentered the room,that 'she loved him'..he was being held for murder while it is being investigated but now has been released..like this is over...other people are saying he is a snitch but who knows..this world has gone crazy and you better be careful of your friends..

There are over 300 different strains of Cannabis, its more complex than red wine when determining which one is the best for you.  Your body has a cannabinoid system with receptors for the THC which your body already produces in small amounts. These receptors are flooded when you smoke Cannabis and people have different experiences. This is the premise of Cannabis as medicine. No other illegal drug out there has these receptors which is why you build up a tolerance and go through withdrawl. Cannabis does not create a tolerance or withdrawl. There are other compounds also in Cannabis that are beneficial so I would suggest that you know exactly what your smoking before you smoke it.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You are misguided on your understanding of marijuana and its effects. It's true that marijuana isn't as bad as alcohol but it can cause brain damage if you use it heavily and on a regular long-term basis.