I am a 19 year old male who has been smoking marijuana since 2002. From 2002 - 2005 I have smoked it off and on, but since 2005 to this present day I have been smoking it everyday atleast 1-3 times a day.

I feel like when I am not smoking marijuana, I still feel high.

I feel that my head is heavier then normal, and that I repeat myself and have little habits that the marijuana has brought upon me.

Now, I am a athletic person. I goto the gym about 3-4 times a week and have played hockey, soccer and martial arts my whole life.

I cannot quit marijuana.. It is hard, But i Know i Have to do it.
I feel if I keep smoking marijuana that I am going to go insane, and all my life goals are going to go down the drain.

But since I have been smoking it so much, it has now became a part of my everyday life. I do not go a day without smoking a bong toke, bowl toke or a joint. it is just impossible for me.

I really want to quit, and would appreciate anyones feedback. positive or negative.

thank you,

I had been addicted to pot for over 20 years, plus I was totally sporty, so i can totally relate to your story.
People say its non-addictive, but i don't think they are or have ever been 'potheads'.
The first step is the hardest, and that is the internal process you go through to even admit to yourself that you are addicted!
Reaching out for help is the next. So, you seem to be well on your way....
I created a Blog site to help others and share my experience.
Good luck and power to you!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I dont think that those who say it is not additive haev not been pot heads, they have just never tried to give up. It is BS and I was one of them. now i am trying to stop I realise the truth.

Hi private2009,

Would you like to share some of your methods for stopping? In my opinion some thing can work for somebody but not for everybody. We are all different, so it would be good to have as many experience stories as possible.
What do you think?

Cheers

I totally agree with you that it can be addictive. How long have you been trying to quit now? Have you looked into any methods for treatment? Tell me what you've been trying to do. Thanks!

It is easy if you can quit smoking.