I have tried quit smoking pot about a month ago. And then I smoked once 9 days ago and am vary thin 5'5" 100lbs. please, can you tell me how long will it take to get it out of my system? I just want to quit with this.

I think it will take in access of a month for it to leave your body unless tested through the hair in which a number of illegal drugs or some over the counter drugs may never leave your body. It is good that you decided to quit smoking pot, because that is a mental thing that will only get better when you want it to. So, if you’re quit about a month, wait those extra weeks or two and you will be fine.

If you havnt got the will power to stop smoking pot then u rele need to think about some sort of self improvement...i used to smoke ALOT of the stuff and the side effects are so much worse than you realise...you are not addicted to cannabis you are addicted to the habit of going out with your mates and getting completely mashed which is not a nice state to be in...if you smoke ciggarettes then you are not breaking a nicotene addiction by quitting pot you are mearly breaking a habit which after a week or so you will not miss at all....because you ll have so much money to spend on the piss! its a stage that youll grow out of and if ur spending all ur times with mates that religously smoke it your not doin ureself any favours..
sorry to sound harsh but it rele aint tht hard if u just do it !

My boyfriend stopped smoking pot for 8 months and just today he did it again. He says its so hard to stop... What can he do to stop? Is there a plan or something helpful for him to live by? I told him it wasn't hard to stop its a mental thing but he can't quit... what does he do?

Try Chantix, it works!

:-S i love pot, wont quit. I smoke by myself more often than not. side effects are so much worse than alcohol, prescription drugs or too much eating.

The reality is that nothing will replace the euphoria that pot gives you..You have to find a secondary passion..Secondly,if you have smoked for awhile,your marijuana withdrawals will include:anger,irritable,restless,sleepless,vivid nightmares,and headaches...Not sleeping is the worst..The only remedy that works for me is valium to sleep and exersize..Other than that it will take at least a month to exit your body...This is frustrating because there are a lot of cokeheads at work,yet that leaves the body in a couple of days...Grin and bear it..Forums also help,cause you are not alone in your struggle to be free...

I've smoked every single day, more than once a day for around a year or so, and just recently (1 month ago) I decided to prove whether or not the "withdrawal symptoms" that you and the government sponsored agencies claim you go through when you stop smoking marijuana. I would like to inform you and anyone who believes your claims that I have yet to go through ANY of the "withdrawal symptoms" that you claim I should be going through. I still hang out with my buddies who all smoke weed right in front of me, and I have no problem telling them that I don't wish to smoke. Even with the smoke floating around the room, I feel absolutely no "craving" for marijuana. What I have noticed however, is that I am much more alert, my thoughts are easier to hold on to, I do not lose my train of thought, I don't wake up feeling groggy and tired, I do not feel tired all the time, and I no longer suffer from cotton-mouth. Are these things as serious as your claims? Hell no. Will I return to smoking marijuana? Hell no. I hate it's effects much more than the effects of alcohol. A joint once a day, no. A joint once a week on the weekends, no.

im on my third day of my month off from smoking pot. I'm not forced to do so in any way, just wanted to prove to myself that i have a strong enough will power to stick around my friends while they are smoking or not, and trust myself to not grab the pipe. it is actually very easy. i will say though that the sleeplessness sucks balls, didnt fall asleep till sometime around 4 or 430 which is kinda late. but i will say that friends that except your decision to quit makes it easier because they are always pushing it in your face. will power will power will power. if u cant say no to pot for at least 2 weeks, then please stay away from any real drug because u will get sucked in hard.

I've smoked pot every day for over 18 years now. I smoked it around 3-4pm, before I exercised or mountainbiked, before long trips and late at night before xbox or to watch tv. I felt many pros and many cons in smoking. sometimes if i smoked during the day i couldn't work because I felt too high to jump on the phone or meet someone in person. but it would give me great brainstorming sessions to help me grow my business down the road. i hated having to hide it from my kids or people coming over to visit so it would take me 10 mins to smoke it and another 10mins to brush my teeth, use some mouth wash and throw some cologne on. Then i had to hide everything, use visine and hope my kids wouldn't smell it. i would feel great for a couple of hours but then the sleepyness would hit, the munchies would hit, my patience would wear thin and the lazyness and unproductive me would come out. it's ok to do things in moderation but when it starts revolving around every activity then it really becomes a problem. I have a prescription for it but it's getting old. I need to be more productive in my life and not let it take over. i've stopped here and there but i'm getting to the point where i need to stop completely. i recommend that you either slow it down to a hit once and a while on a camping trip or special occasion or just stop completely. you don't want it to control your life, waste your time, money and potential life opportunities over a weed, even if it smells, looks and tastes like bubble berry kush #5 with super crystals that shine like diamonds out of a nice clean vaporizer that hits so clean and smooth that you feel like your on vacation on the beach enjoying a beautiful day with a hot chick on your lap. it's just not worth it...

hope it helps

X420er

First, you need to stop judging your bf. You don't know what the addiction is like for him (it's different for everyone), and telling him "it's not hard to stop" is not helpful in any way. It is only going to distance him from people, because he is going to feel like a failure.

Get him involved in a fun activity that requires continuous physical activity (e.g. softball team, kayaking, etc.). Also, have him take daily multivitamins. While marijuana addiction is psychological and not chemical, there are still physical side effects that multivitamins can help with.

Third, be there for him. Be understanding and non-judgmental. Let him know that you care about him, and want him to be healthy so you can spend as much time as possible with him.

Lastly, if he continues to have trouble quitting, encourage him to seek a counselor. It doesn't even need to be an on-going thing; just 1-3 visits can be extremely helpful.

I am a professional counselor, and I myself have overcome an addiction to marijuana. I smoked daily for over 3 years, and it turned my life into a mess. After some hard work I was able to get out of that rut, and your boyfriend can too.

Good luck, and be there for him. He's going to have good days and bad, but if you care about him, don't judge, just help pick him up when he needs it.

I have been smoking at least twice a day for around 3 1/2 years. I havent smoked in about 2 weeks and I can say that I'm feeling everything. I can't sleep and when I do it's only for a few hours at a time. I'm angry, restless and have basically been in a coma this whole time, I dont even want to get out of bed. After the first few days youll feel a lot better though, your head feels clearer and colors are more dramatic, and I could breathe a lot better. I'm also finding I want to do more things, I feel less depressed (even though I didn't realize that I was depressed). My personality is coming back again, i'm laughing more, I joke around and i'm connecting with friends again.

I think the side effects of quitting only take effect if you are a real addict, which I totally was, still am, and probably will always be. Weed was my vice. I would smoke when I was anxious, sad, angry, depressed, and then it turned into everyday.

I've read a lot of ppls comments on other websites and a lot of ppl say the same thing, weed is not addictive and there are no side effects when quitting. I don't think those people are real addicts and should seriously shut their mouths.

I have been smoking weed for over 10 years!! about 2 years ago i stopped for 6 months....... and relaspsed. I was smoking at least 4 joints a day. When i stopped the first time i went through all the side effects just like u. I also find it really hard to eat without weed so loose weight quick. But just like u i found my personality comeing back and felt so much happier. I think i relasps because all my friends and family smoked around me.
Now 2 years on i have moved away and me and my boyfriend ( who has smoked more than me for double the time ) are quitting together we are on 3 weeks without any weed! Its so hard especialy because we are both stopping. We are constantly argueing and we both feel very depressed. My boyfriend wants a spliff just to stop the vivid nightmares he is having which seem to be alot worse than mine. Another thing is the constant sweating!! i know if i just keep going i will feel alot better soon as i know.......... my boyfriend isnt so convinced. I just hope its soon.......... and i hope i can stick to it this time as there is no one smoking around us constantly......... i know ill be happier and richer!!

chantix is a miracle drug! I smoked pot and cigarettes for 4 years a pack a day while smoking pot about 8 to 9 times a day. Chantix has been linked to suicide with people suffering from mild to moderate depression. I took i knowing these things and my depression background. Your supposed to take .5 mg for the first 2 days the 1 mg for a week or so then 2 mg for 2 weeks or so. I took .5 mg for 9 days and quit smoking both cigarettes and weed over a month ago. I literally forgot that i smoked! It blocks the dopamine sensors in your brain so when you do smoke the first 2 days the smoke tastes awful because your sensors are already full. Its amazing if you use it cautiously. I have also quit drinking and imroved my diet. I am much more active i thought i was lazy. I am about 40 lbs overweight it is comming off quiet quickly though. :-)

i'm not trying to make anybody feel bad.... but, for those of you who said that they quite completely and still hung out with their friends who did smoke, wouldn't that be the equivalent of smoking?Like second hand smoking; because thats how it is for cigarettes right? So have you really quite? Standing around those people while your trying to sober up is almost like hotboxing except refusing to actually touch the blunt. i don't know if weed is the same as a cigarette in that way, i don't know much about it besides what i hear from friends, so don't think i'm putting anyone down, i'm just wondering.