I have been smoking marijuna for the past 8 months heavily. Smoking up to 8 joints a day. I am trying to quit because I am just doing bad in school and feel lazy all the time. I feel like I have gotten dumber. I haven't smoked in 4 days and I have probably slept a couple of hours total. I am craving to smoke just so I can sleep. How long is this going to last?

dont worry man, im going threw that right now

just try not to think about it,, pfffftttttttttttttt who says that
its like 99% on my mind

ive gone threw this befor i smoked more then u

i know how u feel buddy

all u gotta do is sleep
since thats not gonna work take sleeping pills it works well
if ya cant get ur hands on that
try to exersize a sh*t lode before bed so ur tired

it will go away in about 1 to three weeks

I enjoy smoking the dank, but when I go through periods when I gotta lay off the ganj a bit, maybe my days are occupied with important tasks or studies that require my fully cognizant and attentive head, I just smoke before I need to sleep. If its an issue with it bein in your system (gettin tested or somethin) sleep meds or good sex puts me right out. If nothing works, then nothing works and maybe you should put your mind to progressive use: can't sleep do homework or get other stuff out of the way until you to exhausted to stay awake, gets you ahead and then your not just layin in bed starin at the ceiling thinking about that pretty little plant.

Yea I know exactly what you are going through. I went through the same thing when I quit due to pregnancy. It only lasted about 4 nights and taking a tylenol seemed to help a little. But I knew I had no other choice. Since then I started back up and smoked heavily for almost the last 2 years. I just quit again because I cant afford it anymore and my tolerance is so high that i dont even feel "stoned" when i smoked it anyway. I knew it was time to get my life together. This time it has been 3 days and I just feel really gloomy and depressed like nothing will ever make me happy like that did. I think it messed with my brain in producing the happy chemicals that are produced by other pleasurable activities. So I am hoping this passes soon i just cant quit thinking about it, but I have made my decision to give it up!

I am going through it to. I cried for two hours today. I almost feel lost and anxious. Like I have nothing to do. I sure hiope I can make it past this. Anyone who says its not addictive is wrong. I do bwlieve its mental. I think I have been low so long, that it is almost strange to have energy to do things and the time seems to be ticking so slowly. I am going to go for it!

Im going through this to... It is so hard and I even feel like I get sick to my stomach if I dont smoke. I know that I want to quit just because the amount of money I spend for it, its ridiciulous. I have smoked for such along time and I feel like its going to be really hard. But its something i need to do... Good luck to me and every one else who is truly going trough the same stupid thing.

ive gone through times where ive quit for a month or 2, to help through your withdrawl, create a new addiction, but to say.... reading a book before bed, do the same thing every day before bed. also GET OUT DURING THE DAY, since you need to make yourself tired now, cuz the weed aint :-) go join a gym or sumtin. last but not least, DRINK WATER, you need to flush it out of your system. hope this helps.

My experience in quitting weed is as such:

For the first 2 weeks, you'll go through hell. You hardly sleep, you become despondent, depressed, tired, angry....

But after 2 weeks cravings disappear totally and you're normal.

I am currently quitting and it's all true, i can't sleep!

Wake up early, limit caffeine influx, read, exercise until exhaustion; weights are great anytime except right before you need to sleep, however running is great before bed! Pot gets too much blame for lack of sleep. Treat your body well in these other ways and it will crave sleep.

Ive been clean off pot for 3 days now and i cant eat, this must be the hardest thing ive ever done possibly

I feel like the odd man out. I quit 4 weeks ago after many many years and I still can't sleep properly. I was up at 2:30 this morning and just laid there until I went for a run at 4:30 am. I have been working out or running every day to tire myself out. No change. And my dreams are freaky!! How can this be after 4 weeks?? I only smoked a joint a night so it's not like my use was that heavy. But I guess my sleep really relied on it. I am not giving up though. I will beat this.

i just quit choof only days ago and the same problem keeps making me relapse i cant sleep and a have dreams so intense that i wake up 2 - 4 times a night sweating even though it's the middle of winter every thiong seems so hard and boring now but i know that if i relapse again i will lose the respect of my friends and the respect for myself i am currently taking vitamins and mineral tablets to try and counter the sleep deprevation but with little success, i only realised when i quit how addicted i really was but i will battle on and i will quit how long will these syptoms last.

I find I feel quite kak for the first few days after quitting (done it a few times over the past 20 years). For several reasons:

- things that didnt matter while stoned, suddenly do (so you might become angry for not having said something when you should have, or not having taken care of something which is now a mess)

- your life seems empty because you filled the gaps with zol (what we call it here). This should be seen positively: You want a full life dont you? Now that you've stopped you can see how empty your life might actually be.

- zol becomes a friend who's there when you need him, always loyal, and always willing to listen. If you love someone set them free! Your paths will probably cross again one day, and the friendship will be richer and better for the break.

My solution: Try get stuff done; do exercise and pay more attention to the beauty of nature.

As for the sleep: AAAAARRRGGHH! I am so tired and itas been two weeks already! Perhaps now would be a good time to stop drinking strong coffee all the time.

I know exactly how your all feeling as i am going through the same thing i smoked weed most days infact nearly allday everyday even on work breaks and it has played such a big part of my life i need to change , It has been exactly 2 weeks and i still having trouble sleeping i can relate to alot of the things said on here and feel a little better in knowing that im not alone, i just can't wait 4 this to pass. good luck and all the best to all who are trying to quit and going through same thing as i am ,i know just how hard it is but it will get better :-) ...its just when thts the problem