im 17 and when it comes to talkin about sex i get really confused like this one time when a really hot friend of mine and her sister where driving around and her and her sister where talkin about guys and her sister said that her boyfriend has a herpie on his lip that she gave him a couple of years ago

this is where i get confused be cause i here people call cold sores herpies and i also here people say that herpie around your penis is a big deal and i think to my self if you had herpies wouldnt you wanna keep that 2 your self? so heres my question are herpies around your penis the same as herpies/coldsore around your mouth or is one harmless and the other a dirty diasese

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Herpies is a transmitted disease that is transmitted through sex. If you partner have herpies, it may spread by bloodstream, causing the lips to have herpies too, even if you didn't do oral. Herpies, unlike coldsores, can not be treated to go Away. Once you have it, you are stuck with it. Herpies are bumps on your penis that is very painful. Poping it would not help because it will come back. "herpies" on your lips are not harmful and will fade away with treatment. Hope this helps.K

Also, it is called coldsore herpes because cold sores are caused by a type of the herpes virus, but, it is rarely the same virus strand that causes genital herpes. Genital herpes and coldsores are different viruses

Do you have any documentation on this? My understanding is that it depends on the type of herpes, and that both HSV1 and HSV2 will go away. Do you have a source on this? I'd appreciate it if you have it. Thanks!