Hello there. I was reading something about heart diseases and I found something that really was interesting for me. Well, not interesting but I was really shocked when I found out that there is actually a heart tumor. Is this true? Is it true that heart tumors exist and they are called Atrial Myxoma? if it is, is there any possibility that we discuss about this? I don't know anything about this and I didn't have idea that something like this actually exist...So if you know more about it and if you know someone who had it, please let me know, 

Hey, yes, there is such a thing as heart tumor. But you should also know that this type of tumor is extremely rare. Heart cancer is actually a cancer that arises in the heart. Cancerous (tumors that begin in the heart are most often sarcomas, a type of cancer that originates in the soft tissues of the body. The vast majority of heart tumors are noncancerous (benign). But it is so rare that I don't believe that you should be scared that you can get it. I think that in 120.000 people studies have shown that only one patient had it.

I don’t know anyone who had this type of cancer and I have heard about it three years ago for the first time. I can’t say that I do know something more about this, because I don’t but it is nice to find out some new information about this. Everything that I know about this is that heart cancer is an extremely rare form of cancer that is divided into primary tumors of the heart and secondary tumors of the heart. But it is there and exists. And I don’t agree when someone is saying that we should not be afraid because it is rare. We should be.

Hello there. Yes, it exist like you already know. And it is rare, but my good friend know a guy who has heart tumors. I didn't even asked him what are the symptoms and how this type of cancer manifests, and all that I do know about this is that it is called atrial myxoma. So, you should never say never because you don't know when something can happen to you. I really hope that nobody in here will have this experience, but anything is possible even if this is rare.

Atrial myxomas are NOT cancerous. They are benign. They are extremely rare. So rare that it would be paranoid to worry about them. Yes, myxomas will kill you if untreated. The treatment is routine but major surgery. Once the surgery is done, you are basically cured and have the same life expectancy as anyone else.
I am curious to see myxomas asked about so much in this forum. If you just google "atrial myxoma" the info is readily available. Look on a reputable site like the Mayo Clinic or similar.

I have come across this thread because I had a myxoma and I routinely search for "atrial myxoma" to see if there has been any new research. I had a successful operation 18 months ago. It was a big op but I am cured and completely well.

So they are benign, but then, they can also kill you. How can that be?

It is always better to talk to someone who had experience with this matter rather than just read pure info about it, am I not right?