Hi, folks. My mother has been suffering from oral herpes infection for years. At the end, she was diagnosed with the carcinoma of the mouth cavity. I would really like to know if herpes virus has something to do with this. I would appreciate if someone could answer my post. Thank you for replying.

Hi, there. Oral infections can lead to the oral cavity cancer. However, this is not enough. I think that Human papilloma virus is more responsible here than herpes virus. Usually, some other risk factors should be associated with this as well. Alcohol consumption is usually the main risk factors. I am talking about larger amounts of alcohol. On the other hand, tobacco usage is also another risk factor. You haven’t mentioned whether your mother has some of these factors. I hope I have helped a little. Good luck!