Hello. I'm 25 year old male and I was just wondering could anyone tell me more about one specific condition.
You see, about a year ago my best friend got a little son. He’s now 11 years old and all the time was pretty healthy. But few days ago something strange happened. Just the other day he talked me about. Supposedly, child just woke up in the morning covered with these small patches on the skin, especially on the head, and they took him immediately to see a doctor.
He told them that the child has developed some kind of viral disease and that the most common complication is some ganglionitis on head. What the hell he was talking about!

Hello. I'm very sorry about your friend’s son but I'm sure we don’t talk about anything serious.
From what I know about this problems- I believe that only Herpes simplex and Varicella zoster virus are causing skin patches and simultaneously infect nerves and nerve ganglions. Inflammation of these ganglions in the head is called ganglionitis. I wouldn’t call this an complication but rather only way for virus to survive. Unfortunately the virus will live in his son for the rest of his life and possible exacerbation will occur only on some immunosuppressive conditions. Beside this- the infection is harmless.