How contagious herpes type 1 is? I have herpes lesion on my lips and sometimes it is very itchy. I can not help it not to touch it. As I heard that herpes can also affect eye and cause severe conjunctivitis or something like that, I have became worried about that. Can i spread herpes type 1 to my eye? I’m using acyclovir ointment for herpes.

Well, I guess that you know that genital herpes is std and that oral herpes can be spread too, so this means that herpes type 1 is contagious viral infection. The first recommendation is to avoid touching lesion or to wash hands after each contact, when you put ointment on it i.e. Symptoms of affected eye are keratoconjuctivitis, tearing, swelling of eye lids. It is called autoinoculation, when infection is spread to different locations of one organism.
So, you can spread this infection to your eyes and be careful not to do it.

as the post above says, yes you can spread it to your eyes. Why would you be touching your eyes thought just after touching your cold sore?

Secondly and far worse...the virus can spread to your brain and cause an infection in there..this is evry serious but also very rare.

Don't worry you're not the only one, it is estimated that 90% of the pop. had HSV 1.

Just be hygienic!

Chau