This is the worst thing to ever happen to me.  I can't believe i put myself in this situation.  I know I was completely wrong and I have learned my lesson.  I've been having sex with my boyfriend a couple times every week.  He always comes inside me.  We want to have a baby.  I made the mistake to have sex with another guy while i was under the influence on August 31st.  He pulled out.  My last period was August 18th.  The doctor said I was 5-5 1/2 weeks pregnant.  5 weeks would put my conception date at August 22nd.  I really hope this baby is my boyfriends.  I love him so much and cannot lose him.  Since the 31st is a week after the 22nd, should I still be worried that it is the other guy's?

Hi Scared,

Your last period STARTED on August 18?  If so, you did not get pregnant on the 22nd.  Your doctor CAN NOT tell exactly when you conceived.  Conception is not immediate, it can take several days from when you had sex.  

Another issue, most doctors base dates on your LMP (when it is known).  5 1/2 weeks would put you around August 18 - exactly where it should be.  Why do we use your LMP?  Because most women know exactly when it occurred.

You normally will ovulate between about days 11 and 16 of your cycle so between August 29 and September 3.  The egg is only viable for about 48 hours, sperm can survive up to about 5 days.  You were near/at your peak fertility having sex on the 31st.

Pulling out is not a reliable form of birth control.

While the odds favor it being your boyfriends ANY time you have sex with multiple partners during a cycle there is a chance it could be either male.

You will need a DNA test to determine paternity.  There are non-invasive methods available that you can use after about 9 weeks gestation.

Good luck.  Hope it helps.

Did you ever figure it out?