Please help this is going to sound bad but I have an app that let's me know when my fertile days are and when I ovulate.So according to my app my fertile days were April 28th to May 2nd I ovulated May 3rd.I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend April 28th in the afternoon he ejaculated in me .Later on that night around 11:40pm going into 12am I had protected sex with someone else literally 5 seconds into the sex he said the condom broke he never ejacuated at all.I had unprotected sex again with my ex boyfriend on April 1st and 2nd he ejaculated in me both times and I ovulated on the 3rd.On Monday April 17th I found out I was pregnant.I spoke to the second guy he was just concerned because he said there was precum .What are the possibilities I'm pregnant by the second guy instead of my ex boyfriend?

Hi Confused,

Check your dates.  Did you mean April 1st and 2nd you had sex and April 17 you found you were pregnant?  Or were these dates in May?

I'm guessing it was May.

If you ovulated on May 3rd your fertile days would last until approximately May 5.  The egg is viable for up to about 48 hours after ovulation.  Sperm can remain viable for up to about 5 days - max.

If these dates were in May then either male can be the father, but...

Precum is considered NOT to contain sperm unless the male has recently, as in since the last time he urinated, ejaculate.  If "someone else" did not recently ejaculate then it is UNLIKELY that he is the father.

Odds greatly favor your ex being the father.

I'm sorry I meant April 28th to May 2nd were my fertile days I ovulated May 3rd.I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend April 28th in the afternoon he ejaculated in me .Later on that night around 11:40pm going into 12am I had protected sex with the other guy.On May 1st and 2nd is when i had sex with my ex again and he ejaculated in me both times and I ovulated on the 3rd.On Monday May 17th I found out I was pregnant.

I thought my fertile days were before ovulation not after ?

Health Guru
You can't be fertile before ovulation because the egg needs to be present to get fertilize so from the day of ovulation so for the next 48 hours your be in your fertile period.

I was asking and I was told y 5day fertile window is before ovulation not after?

Health Guru
Sperm can live for up to 5 days inside the fallopian tubes waiting for ovulation to take place but your fertile period is from when actual ovulation takes place. Leading up to ovulation you would be coming into your fertile period but not actually fertile though.
Who told you that you was fertile before ovulation?

Blankcanvas is correct. Sperm can survive up to about 5 days - max. Sperm can be ready and waiting for the egg to be released (ovulation).

The "fertile" window is considered from about 5 days before ovulation to 48 hours after ovulation since having sex during this time frame you can get pregnant.

Ok thank you so in regards to the incident that happened with the second guy even though he didn't ejaculate the condom just broke but he said there was precum .Would it be his even though my ex boyfriend ejaculated in me multiple times before and after the second guy?

Health Guru
As medic-dan said it will almost certainly be from your ex when you became pregnant.

Only if the second guy had sperm in his precum - unlikely if he has not recently ejaculated - would there even be a chance that he's the father.

Odds greatly favor it being your ex but a DNA test will be needed to confirm.

OK thank you so much for your help