is studdering a sign of touretts? i started studdering about one year ago. it is awful. i can't seem to get my words out, and i have to stop right in the middle of what i am saying. . thank-you so much. i am miserable.

Don't be miserable hon, stuttering is NOT a sign of Touretts. I am in my early 50's and have had a stuttering problem since i was in grammar school. I have learned thru the years how to control it by really thinking about what i am going to say.
How old are you hon? If you are in grade school, do they offer speech class? That is what i did back in the day. Once a week i would go to speech class and look at pictures, pronounce each one and try not to stutter to much. I still have trouble with my M's, T's L's and big time with S's. And go figure, my first name begins with L and my maiden name, the one i had in grammar school, began with an S!!!!
I was told it was a nervous condition, maybe so. I kinda had a stinky childhood.
Before you say something, think it out first. Don't dwell to much because then you won't be able to get the words out at all. Practice talking to yourself. Go over the letters in the alphabet. Start out with A and go through the whole thing, A B C and so on. Then double the letters, for example, AA BB CC and go all the way thru to ZZ. Write down some words that could trip you up like, cat, dog, sister, run. I used to mess these up bad. It would be like ccccat, dddog and such. I was ashamed of myself and i thought i was stupid. But i self tought myself how to concentrate and think before i speak. Do some meditation, it's very helpful for me.
You mentioned it started a year ago. Did something traumatic or eventful happen in your life that has bothered you? Think back to when you started stuttering.
Ya know, i still stutter. You should hear me on the phone sometimes!! I just take it slow, it may take a tiny bit longer, but oh well it works for me. I'll be thinking of you. Remember you DO NOT have Touretts. Try these excercises and let us know. Good luck. ;-)