Hello! My brother has problems with stuttering. He used to stutter a little when he was five or six but our parents didn’t pay much attention. When the time passed his problems became more intensive and I noticed he became embarrassed about it. The moment he starts stuttering he becomes ashamed and then stutters even more. This seems like a closed circle. Is there a way to stop stuttering?

Hello! Stuttering is a temporary problem in most cases and usually resolves on its own. But if the problem persists and become more intensive it requires treatment. There are many successful techniques that can help people with stuttering disorder to overcome their difficulty and to speak normally and fluently. Your brother needs to be encouraged to talk about his problems and you have to talk to your parents to refer to a speech-language pathologist for further evaluation.