Hello! I have a four years old son. He started talking very early and used to pronounce words correctly till recently. I noticed few weeks ago that he started to repeat some works and it seemed like he had difficulties pronouncing them. When I talk to our pediatrician he told me it is common for children at his age. Is stuttering common in children?

Hello! Stuttering is common in children at the age of two to six but this presents just a phase in a speech developing. Boys are three times more likely to stutter than girls. It is shown that most children outgrow their stuttering and develop normal speech later. If you notice the problem persist more then six months you have to consult a speech-language pathologist who is specially trained to test individuals with speech and language disorders.