Hello! I met a really nice man. He is very kind and we went out for few times. We like the same books and movies and I feel very happy when he is around. But, his problem is stuttering. I don’t mind it but I can see it bothers him a lot. He feels especially uncomfortable in situation when we are at the restaurant and he has to order something. How can adults stop stuttering?

Hello! You friend should contact a speech specialist. There are many successful techniques that can help of overcome stuttering difficulties in adults. Also, there are support groups that offer patients the support they need to cope with their condition and the encouragement that can help them adhere to their treatment plan. Reducing a patient’s fear of speaking is very important, even more important than learning how to properly form words.