Hello, folks. My nephew has been experiencing some severe stutter. I really don’t know what could cause this. I was hoping someone here could help me. I would like to know if psychotherapy is effective in solving this problem. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this. Thanks. Bye!

Hi, there. Many people say that psychological factors can be blamed for stutter. You would expect that psychotherapy could help then. However, it is not so true. Many people do not have any benefit from it. Some people experience improvements. I think that there is a very small number of people who corrected their stutter. In any case you should consult an expert considering your nephew. Maybe psychotherapy could be combined with something else. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I have also read somewhere that psychotherapy is not enough. Besides this, some adaptive speech techniques should be recommended as well. That is why consulting an expert is important. I suggest you to seek for more experienced ones. Psychiatrists and psychotherapists differ by their credentials and experience. You can ask around about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck! Bye!