My wife has a set health issues that I think might be related. Primarily she suffers from what her neurologist calls "debilitating migraines". Her symptoms include a headache on one side, pain behind the eyeball of that side (usually her left), neck pain, nausea and vomiting. Any headache with her will usually lead to a migraine with these symptoms (including allergies and any nasal issue).

Additionally, she has poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). She has had trouble getting pregnant and with our first child she barely produced any milk at all (2 oz max with a breast pump - how fun). She's pregnant now after 2+ years of trying and 1 miscarriage.

She has trouble falling asleep and usually only sleeps soundly after 4AM.

She's extremely sensitive to chemical changes - i.e., if her docs prescribe tylenol with codeine and suggest 2 pills she'll throw up from that dose but can tolerate 1/2 of a pill and get some relief from that (normally she uses things like frova and zomig to deal with migraines but she is pregnant now).

I was reading on the NY Times web site about a patient that had sleep problems with other symptoms. After seeing a variety of doctors one finally diagnosed it as acromegaly.

I did some searching around on pituitary issues and found that my wife has some symptoms (the ones noted above) that might suggest an issue with her pituitary gland.

Is there any reason to have some check this out and if so, what sort of doctor would be best?

The specialist that you have in mind is an endocrinologist. Your endocrinologist may refer your wife to an oncologist if pituitary adenoma is suspected as the primary cause of her acromegaly. Melatonin supplement, when taken at bed time, may help your wife sleep better. Acupuncture and anti-nausea medication may help alleviate her nausea and vomiting. Deep tissue massage on her neck may help relieve her neck pain and headaches.

Thanks for the advice, she does do the things you mention. However, she doesn't have acromegaly, I was just saying that I read an article about that made me wonder if the symptoms she has had anything to do with problems of the pituitary.