Unlike some other sports, swimming uses a almost every muscle in ones body. As we all know muscles must be thoroughly warmed up and prepared for the effort. Everybody is talking about stretching and how important it is. I am sure that swimmers can benefit from stretching their muscles. What do you think? Is there a stretching training for Swimmers?

You are correct in assuming that many athletes engage in at least some form of stretching before exercise. They are doing so because it has been widely believed that loosening the muscles and connective tissues can lower the risk of injury. I seem logical: after all, loose muscles should be less susceptible to excessive strain during physical activity. However there is very little scientific evidence for such idea. On the other hand, warming up your muscles before workout is necessary and one should never engage in any physical activity without it.