I have become a health conscious person. I have started to eat healthy stuff and drink plenty of fluid. Next thing I have to do is engage in some physical activity. I would like to choose the right sport for me. I would like to give swimming a try. Are swimmers really healthy?

Are basketball players healthy? Or runners? Or bicycle riders? There is no simple answer to that. If you are asking about the sport itself then I can tell you that swimming is extremely healthy sport. It involves all the muscles in your body. It relieves the stress and pressure off the discs in your backbone. It promotes healthy lungs. I can go on like this but you can get the idea. Are swimmers healthy? One’s health depends on many things. Physical activity is just one of them. Provided that you eat the right food, avoid stress and swim on a regular basis you will be in perfect health.