Do you think that swimming is efficient enough for weight loss? I’m sick of my body and I want to be slender again, but it’s so hard to start with a proper diet. Maybe it would be easier if I would first introduce a sports activity. Perhaps it would accelerate a metabolic process. What do you think about swimming as a way of reducing weight?

Swimming is indeed a great way to eliminate a few extra pounds. No doubt your body will transform over a period of time, but in order to achieve a full effect of swimming, you will gradually have to change your diet. Wouldn’t it be a shame if you go for a swim and gorge yourself on sweets after the training and compensate every calorie you’ve burned? Physical activity is a very important factor in reducing excessive weight but it’s not the only one. Swimming is especially successful because all your muscles are activated and water is denser than air, so it takes more effort to make each moment in water. So, you can start with introducing swimming as part of the process but, cutting sugar and fat from your diet is also necessary.