Hello, guys. I am planning to lose some weight. I think that I have too many kilos and I would like to change that. What kind of outdoor exercise you recommend as the best for losing weight. I would really appreciate if someone could answer me this. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hello to you too. There are several outdoor exercises you can practice outdoor. I suggest you to start with running and jogging. Fresh air is very stimulative. I suggest you to start with outdoor jogging early in the morning or in the evening. It would be best to practice this in quite environment. Some people practice walking, but there is less chance to burn fat in this way. Outdoor cycling is another thing which is great for burning calories. You can also go to a mountain and hike. These are all very healthy activities. I hope I've helped.

Jogging and running is probably the best activity to loose weight. In order to loose weight you must run at least wvery second day and at least 1/2 hour each time. But begin cautiously to avoid get injyred, and add length and effort gradually.

**edited by moderator**

Running is a best outdoor exercise to lose weight.Jogging burns more calories than walking.Jogging is probably the easiest way you can burn calories and reduce fat.After getting up in the morning do not eat anything.

I don't think jogging is the best way to lose weight. It is a healthy activity for you heart and the overall body, but most stress falls on the lower body muscles. I think you should try playing active games like basketball or big tennis. There's a lot more upper body movement. The best way to lose weight would be to combine running and basketball/tennis.

I'm a great fan of cycling myself. Use low gears so that you don't put too much strain on your knees.

If you reach a weight loss plateau, then do interval training - short bursts of speed and then reyruning to your normal pace - helps to get a sluggish metabolism moving.

The most important thing is not what type of exercise to do, but to get strated and enjoy what you do.

all the best

Jane

I think a combination of exercises coupled with a proper nutrition and eating plan will help you lose that weight eg get rid of junk food lemonade and processed products high in suger swimming is also a great exercise for losing weight as is cycling if you want a real kicker that will help you with your diet  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

Eating in the morning is essential. It is a jump start for your metabolism that will actually aid in weight loss. If weight loss is what you are looking for skipping meals is not the way to do it. A proper diet combined with exercise and essential vitamins and minerals is the best way to go.

I took up cycling 2 years ago. That first summer I cycled 3-5x a week and I went about 20 miles each day at about 17mph. I went various places; to 100mile long trail, 15 mile trail, my neighborhood etc. I lost 30lbs that summer. I've been dropping the weight but it would not have been 30lb if i didn't eat healthy and light at the same time. I wen't to a bike shop, got some biking shorts, a helmet and a lock, i was ready to go!

My boyfriend ran cross country for four years in high school, his knees are so bad now he can't spend more than a minute kneeling. I read a lot of magazines about how running ruins your knees. I'm not a runner, but I've definitely ran outside before. If you run outside, try to run in the grass or turf track. Stay away from cement. 

I'm 21, I'm 60lb over my expected BMI and I'm working on. I do all my exercising outdoors, I don't pay 30$ a month for a gym. When I did, it was a place i avoided in the back of my head and i had to force myself to even head there. 

I've started rollerbladding. I live in Illinois and I went to Play it Again Sports (used sports equipment) I think they're nationwide. I got a pair of almost-like-brand-new rollerblades for $50 and i hit the trail. Its a good workout and the summer wind feels great. 

If you don't like intense workout: (i've noticed this slims down the torso) wake up when the sun is close to the horizon. I'm not talking 4am but try 7am or even 9am. Thats when the sun is the best for you because it is not too intense. Walk 40 mins around the neighborhood or at at a trail. When walking try to walk with a straight posture, it works the stomach muscles. Plus it's a good time to think about things in your life. Head home and make a small, light portion breakfast of oatmeal with fruit or a bowl of cereal. Then, you're set for the day...you feel so much energy.

Outdoor activity: try to do morning or nearing sunset. You don't want the sun beating down on you. 
When you exercise outside, it's free.. no monthly fee. You could start walking, start running, etc. 

This summer: I'm taking summer classes online and work is 3miles away so there is no need for my car. Gas has skyrocketed so I'm trying to bike everywhere I need to go this summer. The stores and friends house are in 10mile radius and there are sidewalks. I run errand and visit friends while exercising on the way there: kill two birds with one stone. Google map gives you the option of setting your path to bicycle and it shows all the trails. 
Ride with a backpack lightly packed with an extra shirt, towel, comb, deodorant and water. Have a lock and key and you're set to go. 

:)