I would like to know if there are any home-remedies or something like that, that can indicate if a woman is pregnant without the usual symptoms. I don’t trust an individual pregnancy test so I would want to buy five of the most expensive tests at the store and I really can’t afford to do that every time I get paranoid that I may be expecting.

I am 21 and have been with my now fiancé for almost 4 years. I don’t want children until we are both established in stable careers but as long as we are sexually active, I fear that I will become pregnant before I am ready. I use the Nuva Ring and go 3 months back-to-back without a period (as directed by my doctor). Because of this, I can be pregnant and not know it for up to three months. My family is known for irregular conception such as getting pregnant at any stage of the minstrel cycle and within days of a missed dose of birth control. (At least when we are ready, it shouldn't be hard to conceive!) I do go to planned parenthood but I do not want them to think I’m a hypochondriac with a ton of negative pregnancy tests on file.

I know it’s long and I’m sorry for that; I just want to make sure I give my child a healthy start from the very beginning if I do indeed become pregnant. :)

No, there is nothing that can indicate if you are pregnant, reliably, short of a urine or blood test.

The tests are very accurate when used properly. They look for a specific hormone, hCG. Testing a week or so after your period was due should provide a reliable indication. Use your first morning urine, it is more concentrated so more likely to provide an earlier indication. Follow all directions carefully.

Good luck.