Hello! My grandmother suffers from arthritis for several years. When she feels pain in her joint or her joints get inflamed she usually takes non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve the symptoms. I have noticed that her condition improved when we decreased the amount of meat and increased fish and fruits in her meals. I also noticed that her symptoms are more frequent in winter. Is arthritis worse in the winter?

Hello! I know many people who suffer from arthritis and most of them say that their symptoms are worse during the winter time. There is no significant number of researches that prove or show that cold weather is really affecting people with arthritis. But there is evidence that there is some percentage of people who suffer more during the cold period. Maybe they are more sensitive to cold weather and feel the pain much intensive during this period.