Hi! My friend always needs to throw up when she take any alcohol. That starts to be annoying because whenever we go to some party she can not relax. She says that she is allergic to alcohol. But I heard that there isn't such thing as alcohol allergy. Tell me is there an allergy to alcohol drinks?

You are right. Medical professionals won't say that you have an alcohol allergy. It calls intolerance to alcohol. That means you are more sensitive to the normal effects of alcohol. The only solution to this problem is to avoid alcohol. Of course, you could be allergic to other ingredients in an alcoholic beverage.

Hallo,
Yes there is. I have to tell you that not many people suffer from it but I know that this condition really exists and that it can cause many problems. For instance if you have allergy to alcohol, you will most likely have problems with you face and with your digestive system. You will have swelling in your face and your throat will hurt. Also you might have constipations or on the other hand problematic diarrheas. He has to talk to his doctor about his condition in order to find a solution for this problem. I hope that he will be alright and that he won’t have many issues.

All the best to you,
Karen

Hi, I had a friend that was of some sort of Asian decent and she said she couldn't drink at all because she didn't have the enzyme to break the alcohol down. While I don't know how true this was, she was a really smart girl so I had to believe her.