Hi, I was married to a man who had authority over me, and hit me couple of times. I wasn’t happy in that relationship, so I divorced him. Anyway, I saw him couple of times in the last month, and every time memories started filling my head, along with frightening thoughts. Could this be Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?

It is possible that you have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). If you were in marriage where you were beaten, it’s no wonder that you have fear and frightening thoughts every time you see your ex-husband. PTSD is psychological consequence of confrontation with stressful experiences. It can also be a result of meating someone you were close to, especialy if there was a conflict between you. I think you should avoid your ex-husband, because he already damaged you enough. If you have PTSD because of him, that means he continuous damaging you. There are effective treatments for this condition, like psychotherapy and psychotropic drug therapy. Psychotherapy can be cognitive-behavioral therapy, group therapy, and exposure therapy are popular, and psychotropic drug therapy can contain drugs like antidepressant or atypical antipsychotics.