I have a question. I am 53 and for the past month I feel this electric pain above my lips and cheek area. It is sometimes on left side, sometimes on right side. It is quite painful and most of all it is annoying. I am afraid this is a disease, called trigeminal neuralgia. Could it be? What is the treatment?

This could be Trigeminal Neuralgia, since your signs remind me of it. This must doctor determine, I am not medically educated. My husband has it too and it is most common with people, older than 50, although also some cases with children were reported.
However, treatment… initial treatment is started with anti convulsant drugs, as are Neurotin etc., also some anti depressants might relieve the pain. Some patients report having less problems after alternative medical treatments, such as acupuncture, chiropraction and even meditation.
Also some neurosurgical procedures are available to relieve the pressure and reduce sensitivity of the facial nerves.