Hi, I have intense pain in my eyes, lips and nose. The pain is unbelivible and I can’t controlle it any more. A doctor told me that it’s probably a condition called trigeminal neuralgia or tic douloureux. I heard that it is also called a "suicide disease,"because the pain is so huge, people often atempt suicide. I am afraid that it’s only going to be worse, and I don’t know what to do about it!!!

I know about this condition. It is the disorder of a trigeminal nerve. This pain is among the most acute known to mankind. I am sorry that you’re diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia, and I hope you’ll find a way of treating it succesfuly. As I heard, one in 15,000 people suffers from this condition, and tthere are more women than men affected. The attacks affect one side of the face at a time and they usually last for several seconds. They can appear several times a day, and sometimes last for several months. Unfortunatly, there is no a cure for trigeminal neuralgia, but there are some ways of treating it. You should consult your doctor abot your treatmant, and he will probably recomand you some drugs like tegretol or neurontin. Good luck!