My cousin was diagnosed with condition called trigeminal neuralgia. It seems that is some condition that affected right side of her face. Can someone explain me this condition? What are the symptoms? She is only 34 years old and I am 29. Can this happen to me too?

If you what to know how trigeminal neuralgia feels Imagine having a jab of lightning-like pain shoot through your face when you brush your teeth or put on makeup. Initially there are short, mild attacks, but trigeminal neuralgia can progress, causing longer, more frequent bouts of searing pain. These attacks can be spontaneous, but they may also be provoked by even mild stimulation of your face, including brushing your teeth, shaving or putting on makeup. Most of the people describe the pain as electric-shock-like or shooting or jabbing. There is variety of treatment options available; having trigeminal neuralgia doesn't necessarily mean you're doomed to a life of pain. It can effectively manage, either with medications or surgery.

Im a newbee also, Im finding this hard to navigate...Im usually on MDJ.com ( mdjunction.com), I was born with rt sided pain. However had a head injury, and the dxd is now the lt side too. Three out of five Dr's dxd me with MS recentley. I refuse to believe this...why, spinal was neg..but plaque on brain shows signs.

I do know that when a person has bilateral pain (bothside) it's automatic called MS related. I had an injury to the head i believe caused the lf sided pain! i had 3 gamma knife radiosurgeries...other procedures too; and no pain relief!

oh, how i just want to give up here...the pain is undescibable! suside pain... i just want to havr the mvd to relieve it somewhat! the cold triggers it, brushing my hair triggers kissing my children and hubby causes it. the wind how bizzar... right..an innocent wind!

Mdj is more personal, and people respond asap!

good luck to all, god bless you all

cathy

_[removed]_... in subject write tn