How much water should an average healthy person drink everyday? Some say it should be 3 litres while some say it must be a minimum of 5 litres. Is it true that drinking too much of water is bad for the body? I read somewhere recently about a patient was forund to be having stones in the kidney although he had been drinking too much water. 

Health Guru
Hi the minimum you should drink a day is a litre but depending on climate and how much liquid you loose I would say 3 litres at max.
Yes drinking to much water can actually be bad for you if drunk in excess it can kill.

I think the ideal amount of water intake is about 2 liters or 8 glasses . 3 liters is to much except if it's really hot and you are sweating a lot.

5 Liters is way to much. Like for anything in life , consuming to much of it is not good, if even possible. I'd like to see someone who can drink 5 liters for a day.

All in all, drinking lot's of water is really healthy. We are made of water, we are 68% water :), we need it.

You should drunk enough so your urine is light yellow. Drinking too much water can lead to very low levels of sodium and potassium in your body, which can be fatal, but that is very rare. Kidney stones are calcifications (calcium); unless the water has a lot of calcium, it's not from the water.