When I go to the gym I bring 20oz of cold 40Grams of protein shake with me and while I lift I have a sip here and there as I want it to cool down. As I work out for about an hour I drink half of that 10Oz and finish the rest on the way back home. Is that a good routine? or should i drink it before and after only? Thing is when i drink shake before and get thirsty in the gym i dont like mixing milk products with water because for some reason that upsets my stomach so I drink milk shake as i am working out. Any input?

Hey Emil I am going to the gym for a very long time but although I am not using any supplements my friends from the gym are so I can tell you that you are not the only one who is having problems when mixing milk products with water.  And you should continue with the way you are doing now because your body is giving you signals when you do something wrong so don't mix your milkshake with water. Your body feels everything so you shouldn't ignore the obvious signs. And I think that your routine is good but tell me have you consulted your supervisor or doctor before you have started with using the supplements? And I would like to know did you write down your improvements in numbers or you were just checking your muscles in the mirror? Your answer would be very helpful because I am doing some kind of a research. Thank you in advance.  

You should be very careful regarding protein shakes, it is much better to get it naturally from your food and general diet. When you get extra protein at such concentrated amounts that are absorbed into the body so quickly, you could risk kidney stones. Many describe the pain from those saying it is like giving birth.

I suggest you to take protein supplements in a right manner. You can take it but after consulting a proper health consultation. Much amount of it might not gets you the result you want. Proper amount is necessary in daily use.