I have anxiety since I know about myself. My parents took me to a psychologist when they first noticed that something was wrong and there it was, I had anxiety and I never really got better. I made peace with a thought that this is who I am and I cannot really change that. I made peace with life with anxiety and I'm doing okay, more or less.

I recently started having this weird feeling in my head and I thought that it has something to do with anxiety. I went to do some tests and apparently, my head is okay, can it be because of anxiety?

It is possible for anxiety to cause a big number of physical sensations, one of which is head pressure.

Head pressure can occur in different ways. For some it feels like a tension headache. For others it feels like something is simply wrong inside your head. Some people even feel as though they need to faint. In all of these cases, it's possible that your head pressure is caused by anxiety. Since you already said that you visited your doctor and had some tests done there, I think that your problem is definitely related to your anxiety disorder, in other words, it is only in your head.

Hi Adria,

I didn't really think at first that my anxiety could cause me this type of head pain, but since all the tests showed that there was nothing which could cause my weird head pain, then it came to my mind that anxiety might be the responsible one.

I can't really explain this pain. It is similar to a headache but it isn't headache. It is more annoying than it actually hurts. It feels like a sign that some greater pain is going to occur but nothing is really happening. I just want to know how can I stop this, it is driving me crazy.

Are you maybe overthinking everything? Overthinking can easily cause you some weird head sensations. I don't have anxiety but it happened to me that I overthink something and it eventually caused me some weird head pain which would disappear pretty fast, but it reminds me of the thing that you just said you are feeling.

I don't know how to make it stop unless overthinking is the source of it, then you just have to stop overthinking. It isn't "just", I know that it isn't easy at all but it is something that you need to do. Try practicing yoga and meditating.

Good day Lizz. And the rest of you.

Head pressure or weird feeling in head can occur in so many different ways. For example, when your head pressure is very intense and hard and it seems to last, the best thing that you can do is go and visit your doctor. It can be anxiety related, but it doesn’t matter because there are no reason to risk your health. So, call your doctor. It can be connected to anxiety disorder (it probably is), but you should see your doctor.

I hope that you are going to be OK.

Good luck. 

Hey there. Tell me, do you have some problems lately? Are you stressed because of something or someone? Because that easily can be the main reason why you are having all those weird feelings in your head. Like others told you, it can also be related with anxiety disorder, but honestly, I don't believe that this is the reason. My friend also had this and he couldn't explain the pain, just like you can't. But it was because he was really stressed and nervous. So this could be the reason in your case as well. Good luck there Lizz.

Hello there. I recently joined this site so I hope that you are going to forgive for my mistakes, but I am here because I want to help you and I need help as well. Obviously. Now, I had this weird feeling in my head as well and I was sure that I was really sick. So I went to see my doctor. The first thing that he asked me was: "Are you nervous a lot"? I was, really I was. He told me that I am not seriously sick as I was thinking, and that I have some anxiety disorder. When people are stressed or nervous, they have this pressure in their head. I couldn't explain my feeling as well. 

Hey there.

I know that my friend’s daughter had exactly the same feeling (she was only 11 when this happened to her). Doctors prescribed some anti – depressants to her and I think that after four weeks they started to have some effect. I remember that my friend was really scared because her daughter was telling her about head pain and weird feeling in her head and she was scared that she had brain tumor. But thanks God, it was just a part of the anxiety.

I am not sure, but I have heard that meditation can help in this case. Also, you should try to focus on something that is nice and good. Maybe it will have some positive effects.

Good day everyone. I didn't have an idea that I have anxiety disorder for years. I was having some weird feelings in my head, connected with some unreadable pressure and I was scared that I am seriously sick. But I was not, thanks God. Of course, doctor asked me some questions about anxiety and to be honest with you I didn't even know anything about mental disorders. He explained some effect that anxiety disorder can have on my body, so I realized that I am dealing with it. He gave me some therapy and he told me that this is the most common thing that patients have - head pressure and pain when they are dealing with anxiety.