I'm a 39 year old male and for the last 3-4 years I've experienced a drying out of the foreskin. Due to that problem my wife and I have been using lubricants to help during intercourse (if not doing so there was a very real chance for foreskin to brake). But, sometimes, even with lots of lubrication, the skin around my penis and foreskin gets these little cuts. If she performs oral sex on me is not so problematic. Is this normal? What can I do to prevent this?

Dry foreskin is a common male problem so at least you’re not alone. I know that many men (or couples, like in your case) find lubricants enough to solve this problem. Unfortunately, as you say, it is not enough for you. What lubricants have you been using??? Maybe you should try with different ones??? Also, you could pay a visit to your GP to give you the best solution because there are many different lubricants for different skin types, uses, etc… I think that lubricant will be solution but you only have to find the right one. I hope I helped at least a bit. Good luck.

hey fickett i was wondering how that situations with the dry foreskin is going i recently stated to endure the same situation and o would like to know what you recomend me doing or if you had spoken to a dotor on the matter please write back as soon as you can i am very concerned to the .

If you used the condoms the dryness could be caused by some latex allergy. You should use some good lubricants. Lately, I have gotten cracks in the frenulum, and that was caused by too little lubrication. Try to use another type of condoms or just don't use it for a while to see if it gets better. If it last more then a week, then just don't hesitate, visit your doc immediately!

Hi Rizorecan,

My opinion is that you have classic symptoms of a mild infection. Take care of it or it could cause scarring and a tight foreskin.

Good luck, mate!

I'm 30 years old and I had the same problem. Cracking and dry skin. No problem getting an erection, very little problem with oral sex, but initating vaginal sex, OUCH!!! We, my wife and I, went to see the pharmist (no insurance/health care), and I explained the problem and my thoughts as to what it was. it had the exact same symptoms as my athleats foot. The pharmistist directed me to some OTC Tolnaftate. 2 days later, oh man, that's the best sex ever. I had a feeling it was athleats foot because think about it, pull your underware over your feet, then to your johnson, same symptoms, dry red skin. I'm going to call this athleats johnson.

i have a promblem witha an itchy fore skin. i i'm putting Jergins lotion on it to fix it but its not working. i've has this problem for a week now...whats do i do?

Hey dave48858 I was really sceptical about your anti-fungal remedy, but i turns out you were right, 2 days later and we're at it like rabbits again!

Thanks man!

Hey guys i have a cream in my cupboard called eumovate it says on it to use on dry or red sore areas...? is it advisable to use it on my foreskin?

Thanks

wouldnt this b called thrush

Hey im a 16 year old lad, i have some sort of dry foreskin and it seems 2 have opened up and a deep cut has somehow formed, when i pull my foreskin back the crack opens and im in pain, me and my girlfriend find it hard to have sex now im in pain, how do i solve this ? anyone ??

I found that putting neosporin on the dry and cut area works alright. I did this a few years ago and it went away just fine, but i have recently broken out again with dry skin and open cuts, and now neosporin doesnt work. my skin is so dry now that i can even pull back my foreskin since it has sealed itself. Going to the bathroom opens a small hole, but that seals itself again. Anyone have suggestions?

As for the itchiness that was mentioned earlier, under no circumstances should you itch or have any form of sexual activity. irritating the itchy area is how i got the situation above.

Guys i have had the problem of a dry foreskin for the past year, and experienced the cuts on the tip etc etc, i went to see my doctor last week and he got me some cream called dermovate or clovate cream and this has worked perfect, no more dry skin at all - no more cuts more importantly and the dry skin has completely gone and its back to a good sex life again!

guys, this cream has been ace! ask your Dr about dermovate, as when he was telling me - all the cuts never getting chance to heal its all one vicious circle - this cream has put a stop to that!

hope this helps guys!

hey i had the same problem really bad, i decided to just try something randomly and i got some Nivea face cream in a blue round tin, i rubbed some of that on it and within 2 hours the problem was gone, its been 2 weeks and its not dry, even the little cuts have healed. It even stopped the cuts from hurting after i put it on.

From experience, my two cents:

If you've ruled out an infection of some kind (a fungal infection is most likely), try putting vitamine E oil on it. I did that for some time, then stopped because it was better, but then started again when the splitting returned. It works, and after a week or so you can sometimes actually rub off some dead skin (do this while the skin is damp) so that your penis feels as good as new.

If you have a recurring fungal infection down there, you'd do well to eat probiotic yogurt on a regular basis. This will increase the bacteria count at the tip of your penis and help control / prevent fungal infections. Also, keep the area beneath your forskin free of dampness, as fungus loves dark and damp conditions (vit E oil doesn't count as 'damp'). Pull it back and blow dry after showering, and I go so far as to dab myself dry with toilet paper after taking a leak. It makes a difference.

Finally, I find that after splitting has occurred by sex or otherwise, using polysporin ointment (ointment will not be washed off with urine, so get it over the cream version) speeds up the healing process nicely. Use it until your forskin no longer hurts to pull back, then switch to vitamine E oil. If I don't have vitamine E oil on about 12 hours before sex, I'm likely to be in pain later. So just do it every morning. It's no big deal, and the oil lasts for like ever, since you only need a bit.

Hope that helps guys. Keep the good sex-a-comin'.