Im a 26 year old male who has had phimosis since I was young, but managed to cure it through stretching excercises over the course of a year, and Ive been ok for the last 2 years or so. However, recently I believe I got a thrush infection off my wife, so I had an incredibly itchy penis for a few days. I used some of the thrush treatment stuff she used (canasten) and that sorted out the itching. However, either as a side effect of the cream, or the thrush, my foreskin has lost all its elasticity, it has gone really hard. Its like my phimosis came back overnight because I cant retract the foreskin without a lot of soreness. My foreskin is no longer stretchy but hard and wrinkled.
I stopped using the cream today thinking it was that.

Is it the thrush or the cream that has caused this, and will it clear up by itself? Having phimosis really sucks so I hope this isnt permanent and I have to start all over again.

I think you need to start stretching it again.

Thrush can be a problem, as can the elasticity. Keep gently stretching it out to see if that helps. You may want to use a quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) with natural moisturizers to alleviate soreness from the stretching and itchiness from the thrush.