A bit of background information first. I'm 21 years old, and just over a year ago I had an operation on my foreskin in order to loosen my foreskin (a dorsal slit) in order to retract it without any discomfort, which was successful, and I have never had any sexual intercourse, but I masturbate regularly.

As of the past 2 months, however, I seem to be getting some sort of rash that comes and goes which inflames the foreskin, as far as I can tell, randomly.

I can also tell when it's going to happen. First, what happens is that the glans will come up in white spots, usually located to one area on the glans (except the last time it was in 1 small area on the right side of the glans, then white spots appeared all over the glans). At the same time as this, a couple of white spots will appear on the bit of foreskin that happens to be touching that specific area of the glans. Secondly, the inflimation starts, again, located in that one area, as well as a lot of smegma appearing. Thirdly, the entire circumference of the foreskin will be red and itchy, and the phymosis will kick in properly. Then finally, after a few days, the foreskin will return to normal.

Since this has happened a few times, I've kinda learnt to deal with it. Originally I'd keep trying to scratch the itch, but that would only engorge the foreskin more, so I've trained myself to bare the itch. Also, even though phymosis is occuring, I will always pull the foreskin back and wash it thoroughly, usually twice a day, and towel it dry before moving the foreskin back over the glans. This, I find, makes the cycle finish alot faster.

Other symptoms is the foreskin becomes quite dry. The first time it happened, I even had dry skin peeling off, but that's not happened since.

It seems as if I should go to the doctor, but I'm quite a shy person, so I wanted to turn here first. Going to the doctor a year ago was difficult enough. I have searched the internet, but I've never found anything that relates exactly to what I have happening. This is also starting to worry me more as I would like to be having sex with my girlfriend, but I won't because I'm worried she might catch something from me due to this.

I appreciate the help, and thank you to anyone who can offer me help or tell of something similar happening to them.

Sounds like balanitis, which is common amongst uncircumsized people. It's not infectious and is usually a reaction to aggressive sex or masturbation. 

Have you read about Novoglan ? If not, you really should. It cured me! Try the cream and soap - aewsome!

What you describe sounds like either balanitis (a bacterial infection) or thrush – both of these are common in uncircumcised men and can be treated fairly easily – ask your doctor for the right type of cream to use. It’s important to clean under the foreskin to remove the smegma that build up there; you might also consider a penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) to keep the skin healthy and reduce the risk of infection.