I an 21 and I have never had any problems down below up until around 2 weeks ago.

i noticed I had a few small ‘cuts’ or ‘tears’ on the top of my penis, it turned out it was thrush as I went to my local clinic and they prescribed me canestan. 

I used the cream for 2 weeks and the redness and swelling etc went away.

My problem now is that the cuts on my foreskin have scarred and my foreskin is very tight around the tip. I can pull it back but it reopens the cuts and I can only do this when flaccid. When erect I cannot retract my foreskin.

It is driving me insane as it wakes me up in the night with itchiness and I cannot have sex as it hurts too much.

Please help.

Hey there as long as your thrush is healed you should be able to stretch the skin slowly over then next several weeks and get it to retract. The doctor can sometimes prescribe you a steroid cream to make your skin more stretchy.... 

Thank you for your reply, is this common for the foreskin to be very tight after? Also, should I keep using the canestan until I can retract it?
Thanks!

It can happen after a thrush infection.... How long ago did you have the infection, how does your penis/foreskin look and feel now? have your symptoms resolved?
Also are you diabetic ?

I had the infection about 1-2 weeks ago and I’ve been using canestan since. It looks fine from the outside, just abit dry sometimes - if I try to pull it back it has small tears on it every time because it’s so tight but I have to do this to clean it. I am not diabetic no.

how long did your doctor tell you to use the Canestan for? have these cuts been happening since before using the cream or after? It may be a good idea to see your doctor to see if they have any suggestions.

He told me to use it for 2 weeks which is anytime now. I had a few small cuts a few days before I found out I had thrush but no tightness of foreskin. After using the cream for this period of time, the foreskin has tightened and become hard to pull back and when I do, the tears re-open.

have you tried moisturizing lotions and not retracting your foreskin for a while and letting it heal and get supple

I haven’t tried moisturising lotion yet no as I am still using canestan? If I don’t retract it I won’t be able to clean it and I thought that would make things worse?

well yea you want to keep it clean. can you just gently retract it while flaccid and maby use a gentle moisturizer so that your foreskin slides easier? avoid using any scented lotions. baby lotion or a lotion for sensitive skin is probably best