Hi, I have heard that rheumatoid arthritis can influence any joint of the body. I know a guy that has experienced this illness that affected his knees. He had pain but was kept under control. If it is true that any joint can be affected? Also, can you tell me something about rheumatoid arthritis foot pain?

Hi, it is true that rheumatoid arthritis can affect any joint of the body. What happens is that our immune system sees the tissue of the joints as an enemy and acts against it. This creates inflammation which later produces pain. As any other, foot joints that are involved in rheumatoid arthritis react in the same way. Usual symptoms are pain and swelling. If it is not treated, rheumatoid arthritis can turn into a severe form and even affect some organs of the body. The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis that causes foot pain consists of treating the symptoms-pain. The doctor's role is essential since he is the only one that can determine the level of joint tissue deterioration and the course of treatment.