Hi, guys. I was bit by a tick. I reported to the doctor and it was removed. However, later I developed a fever and swollen glands. I felt weak. After serious of tests, it seems I have Lyme disease. I would like to know what to do next. What would you recommend me? I would appreciate all your replies.

Hello, there. In any case you will get antibiotics. If your condition is not so serious, you can be treated with oral antibiotics. Doxycycline is a medication of choice for adults and kids older than 8. For younger kids and pregnant and breast-feeding women, amoxicillin or cefuroxime are recommended. However, if the condition is more serious, you will receive antibiotics intravenously. It will last for 14 to 28 days. This is usually effective. However, a certain period of time is needed for a full recovery. I hope this helps. Bye!