I had a large labia that hung out and made me uncomfortable physically and emotionally. After years of looking into the procedure I setup some consultations and was discouraged by how much the procedure would cost. I finally talked to my gyno (what I should have done in the first place) and found out that he could do the procedure plus file it to where my medicaid would cover the cost. This was great news and I shortly setup my surgery a couple weeks later.
My surgery was yesterday afternoon and I was in and out in a couple hours. After I went to the store to pick up my pain medicine and some pads just in case there might me some blood. Im glad I got the pads because at that very moment I started my period. %-)
Talk about the worst timing. So now Im not only sore and swollen Im also having a heavy period.
Im in a lot of discomfort and more so when I have to pee. It stings and its hard to really touch anything down there. The blood from my period is really making my situation harder. Im spraying dermoplast that helps things a bit and also placing an ice pack to my swolleness.
I didnt sleep well at all. I woke up 2 or 3 times having to change my pad, pee, moist towelette the area, spray and replace my ice pack.
Luckily I have my boyfriend here to help me because I dont feel like moving at all.
I haven't taken a good look down there really. I can tell the labia is shorter and I dont see it sticking out anymore but things are sooooo swollen right now.
Im going on day 2 and I can tell I have a long way to go before things are better.
Would love to hear from people who can share on this topic.

Where was your surgery performed? 

Im 16 and i have labial hypertrophy. I told my dad and i still havent gotten an appointment to an obgyn ( i dont have my mom , only a stepmom that hates me ) i have no idea what to do

What Doctor did that for you? What city are you in?

Oh my gosh sweetie that's terrible about your parental situation. Take action yourself and go speak to an obgyn. You can get free insurance and they will help you do it. Good luck.