im only 15 (16 in june :-D) but i think i want labia reduction surgery

iv read up lots about it and seen so many people say that its normal, that lads dont mind and that you sould juts leave it. But iv started havin boyfriends and although i havnt dun anythin yet, and dont plan on for a while, as soon as someone asks me out all i can think is will they mind. And even if they dont, although it doesnt cause me much discomfort like a lot of people (although i havnt had sex so i dont no if it would then like it does for some ), it really ruins my confidence. I wont even go swimming with friends because i know you can tell, i cant even take a compliment wen i walk past and i hear a lad say im fit because all i can thikn is you wouldnt be thinkin that if u saw me naked. It really gets me down and i juts want to gte it fixed.

im goint to see my docter next weekand im expecting that i would be able to have the suregry done on the NHS because of how bad it is and how although im normally a really happy person it ruins my confidence so much that im in tears most of the time when i think about it. The only thing is i read up about the surgery a lot and although it seems rare iv seen a few people who its juts made them look worse wen its been botched. So i was wondering if there was anyone who could give me advise on whether i would be better haveing it done on private healthcare becasue you can choose a surgeon youre confident in. It would be great to hear from someone who is a surgeon or has had the surgery themselves or even just knows someone who has, especially if you could recomend a surgoen.

thanx for readin it, sorry its so long :-)

sorry i forgot to put that theyre uneven aswell if that makes any difference, also i would be gratefull if anyone oculd give me an idea of the price of having it done privately ?

Please look at the thread "labiaplasty nightmare." if you can, please review the article "female genital appearance: normality unfolds" published in the British journal of obstetrics and gynecology. If you don't have access, check the wikipedia page for labia minora, where the data from this study is cited. The average labia are 2.2 cm long. The standard deviation is 0.9. This is for extended labia under no tension, measured from origin at harts line to edge. My guess is that your labia fall well within two standard deviations of the mean. Regardless, I really do not recommend you get labial surgery unless they are over 5 cm. Even in this case, it would be best for you to wait until you are at least eighteen. Also, I would suspect, given your age that your impression of normal or even ideal labia size is skewed. This is going to sound like really twisted advice but maybe watch some porn. The Avn top performer of the year has large labia, as do many others. No one is complaining. I know that sounds messed up, but I know that if I had just watched some porn when I was 18, I never would have had a labiaplasty because I would have realized that some other women looked like me and nonone thought it was ugly. I also suspect that you are not aware of their role in sexual function. They engorge upon arousal, are richly innervated, and mechanically facilitate stimulus of the clitoris during sex. Also I'm guessing you don't know what causes large labia or have some false beliefs about that. Labia development occurs during puberty due to increased estrogen levels. They atrophy with menopause. So basically little girls and old ladies, in general, have the smallest labia. So just think about that for a second. Large labia are not due to promiscuity and do not correlate with age (in premenopausal women) or parity. Maybe figure out how to have an orgasm because I would bet that will help you view your vulva more positively. Personally, I had a labiaplasty when I was 18 and a virgin. Even though my anatomy was well within the normal range, I thought I was a freak. This is even after one guy told me i was the best looking girl hed ever seen fron the waist down (i had small breasts, i also got breast implants when i was nineteen, another mistake, but not as bad, btw my dads a plastic surgeon so i sort of grew up around it). Anyway, i was stupid. I went to an ob gyn who was recommended as the best ob gyn surgeon at Baylor hospital in Dallas. He removed all of my labia and some of my clitoral hood without my consent. I also now only have sensation on one side of my clitoris, and only the dorsum can be stimulated without irritation. Obviously, I don't look normal at all. Just please be aware of the risks you are taking, that these procedures are not adequately regulated, and often performed by unqualified surgeons. At least in the us, neither ob gyn nor plastic surgery residencies provide the training, education, and experience necessary to perform these surgeries safely. However, I do realize there ate cases where truly long labia might really be embarrassing. However, I suspect that your labia are well within 5 cm. Please don't get surgery if this is the case.

sorry i should have been more clear its my labia majora, not my labia minora, which are the problem

thankyou for replying though it made me feel a bit better reading it

and its made m think a bit more wiht you saying how they can botch it pretty bad :/

im loosin weight at the moment (i wasnt over weight before but i had put some on because of a medical condition) and it seems to be getting a bit better, but theyre still very uneven :/

the bigger the labia the better, its more of a turn on to see, lick suck, touch a big one. Don't have it reduced, that's like asking for a pay cut. What you have is special and amazing, I would no more want a girl to have her labia reduced than cut her arm orr. If anything most should find ways to grow it larger.