Okay, so I'm 16. (DON'T FREAK OUT, PLEASE READ MY REASONS FIRST).

I'm really mature for my age and feel very educated in things reguarding sexuality/sex/etc.

However, I am very unhappy with my labia (inner). I've been wanting to get a surgery to fix this and am thinking about bringing it up to my doctor, but I want some opinions.

1) I am unhappy with the look of it. This isn't because I'm embarrassed about what a guy might think, screw any guy who doesn't like it, but I personally don't like it. I realize some people may find it beautiful but it's not my taste and I want to be confident.

2) It..gets in the way. Putting tampons in is pretty difficult because of how large my labia is.

3) You can see the bulge in underwear & swimsuits. It's really embarrassing when you have a labia bulge, I mean really..I hate swimming because you can see it :( So it really interfers.

4) I feel like a guy with all the 'readjusting' I have to do. It sometimes gets..pinched (for lack of a better word) when I sit/stand/lay in certain positions and is very uncomfortable. Sometimes when I wear shorts it's pretty uncomfortable as well.

5) In general, it's pretty uncomfortable and maybe even somtimes painful feeling.

So, it's just a lot of reasons piling up. I see the horror stories about labiaplasty, but honestly, I'm so sick of having to deal with all the trouble my thick labia causes for me.

Opinions? Stories?

you are a guy get out of here

If you want it - go do it! Research thoroughly beforehand but then go for it. Labiaplasty is for women who have a problem with large labia, asymmetric labia or related female genital issues. Labiaplasty permits the reduction of large labia (labia minora and labia majora) to reduce their outward appearance and correct misshapenness or irregularities. Vaginoplasty—often called vaginal rejuvenation—is another surgical procedure that can help women who've had multiple childbirths by offering a surgical remedy to tighten and enhance the sensitivity of the vagina. At your age, probably go with the labiaplasty. Best of luck.

I think that all of your points are valid and that you know what you want. I completely agree with you on wanting to feel confident. Although mine are ok I do not feel fully confident. One is normal the other is a little larger and I would love to have it fixed at some point. And for the same reasons you said.. esp not for any guy but for your own confidence and comfort. I think that you should definitely bring this up with your doctor. Since you're 16 you will need parental permission to get this done. I personally have waited because I'm far too embarrassed to explain that issue to my parents :-) I wish you the best of luck and I would fully support this decision as you are doing it for good reasons!

I'm desperate to have labia surgery and have been debating about going to my doctor for 10 years but I still haven't plucked up the courage to do it. I kno theyll think im stupid and 'm scared incase I do go n they tell me its fine so where not going to help you :( so least if I don't go, I still feel like I have the option..

okay so honestly, this reply is kinda late so im not sure if you've done it yet, but i hope you have. I'm 16 aswell and we're just getting at the stage where everyone has boyfriends and people are becoming sexual. I think that if you really want it and it's making you not confident, just do it. I forgot to mention that I am actually getting a labiaplasty in a month or so and i am terrified but at the same time I'm so excited because I will be so happy and comfortable in my body. I think that it's awesome looking online and trying to find an answer, like me, but at the end of the day you should do it because of you and how you feel. That is all that matters.