hey i got surgery on friday and have been in quite a lot of pain since. it's now tuesday and i am still not wearing underwear, the wound looks completely disgusting and it smells really bad even after a shower. i am slightly worried that it's infected, has anyone had an infected wound after this surgery? does it usuallt take this ong to heal? the worst part is my school started today (obviously i am at home) and i have very little time before my gcses (about 4 weeks) i still cant sit up on a chair so am having trouble revising and i know i wont be able to sit on a chair at school... help!

I have the same problem. I am in SA. Its thursday, I had the op on friday. I am missing iout on class and new work aand writing exams on the 30th. I walk like a duck because of all the swelling s I can't go to school. When I get beck to school I will have 15 days left of school before my June exams, then a holiday and then another 15 and then its record and final exams. Help how do I get the swelling down?

hello
I had mine done yesterday(friday). It is very swallen and brused. When I take Vicodin it hellps the pain go away, othervise it burns like hell. I am putting ice pack and doing sitz baths. I can't walk normaly. It's my first day since the surgery, so I'm hoping it will get better within couple of days. How are you girls doing now? Does it look better down there???

I have the same problem but havn't been able to have surgery. How much does it cost?

I had labia reduction surgery 12 days ago and I am having a very painful burning sensation on the end of my vulva. What can I do to relieve the pain and to hurry along the healing process? When can I expect to return to normal? My gynecologist was not very informative on what I should expect after surgery. To top it all off I had hemorrhoid surgery done at the same time. So needless to say... I am in PAIN...
Please help.

I am so worried, My labia is protuding out side my vagina and its painful during sex and wearing tight cloth, it itches so much it unbelievable, its so swollen. I can't afford to pay private, do anyboby knows if its possible to get it done on the NHS in the uk london. I am in agony. :-(

yes u can get it done on the nhs!! as long as it isnt for cosmetic purposes. im having it done 2/7, am soooo worried after reading other stories, but im exactly the same as you

hi thank you for the reply, does your itches badly, i can actually see large veins in mine one in each labia...I am worried but I can't continue like this...what did your doctor tell you in the consultation?

no doesnt itch, never has, just horrible, cant even wear knickers without it rubbing, let alone all the other complaints mentioned by other ladies. went to gp 18 months ago, but she talked me out of it, fed up with how i felt i went back again and said im just sick of feeling like this. saw consultant 4 weeks later - a lady i must add - couldnt have a man dealing with such a delicate thing, plus im a medical secretary and know she has done op on one or our pateints who was very hapy. anyway she took one look and said no problem and im all booked in, had to change the date til september though as ive got holidays booked and am not sure on the healing process. keep me updated wot u decide to do . p.s i still havent told my husband what im doing!!!

hi i had labia reduction 4 weeks ago it is a very painfull thing to go through. first two weeks is uncomfortable to sit then its just so itchy and my stiches havnt disolved either. bit worried cos the surgeon has cut all underneath but around the clitoris is a lot more skin so it looks wierd. im hopeing it goes down. does anyone know how long it takes to feel normal and soft again? hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

had it done yesterday! had absolutly minimal pain, despite also have an absess removed from an episiotomy scar the same time! wish i had it done years ago now! i have done so much research beforehand and have fully prepared myself for everything, just want to ensure i dont get any infection over next week. good luck to anyone having this done x

I had my surgery yesterday (14-5-13). I had one big blue bruise but I have healed quite quickly. The brusing is no longer blue but still swollen and its only the second day. I have been walking and hoovering etc despite being on few pain killers.

Ladies that are in still in agony after weeks, I recommend seeing a doctor and making sure you aren't infected. I find it sore still especially when having a wee. I find weeing into a flannel relieve the sting, disgusting I know but such a relief.

Coat a thick ladies pad with Vaseline and wear it in some slightly tight boxers, not thongs or pants, boxers!! This will compress but not too tight and hopefully decrease your swelling! Try not to do so much exercise if you are still largely inflamed. Relax, feet up, ice pack and a brew lol

You'll have a pretty foo foo soon =]