I have read what is on youre site already about Labia reductions. I would say to most of the people answering: thankyou for being kind, but you have NO idea what is it like.
I want to have surgery on my Labia to reduce the size. *I dont know at what age such surgery is allowed* and would like to know *how much it would cost?* I have been told that there is a possibility that this opperation *could be done on the NHS??*
Not only do they look horrible, but they cause me great discomfort. I haven't had sex with my boyfriend and althought I am not so concerned that he wouldn't love me the way I am, I would love to have the confidence to show him my body!
Please help!

I know what you're going through. I finally had my surgery 1/29/07. It
looks a lot better, but be aware you can end up hypersensitized, which
means you're extremely sensitive to touch. I just started wearing underwear last week and it's still not comfortable. Can't wear jeans yet.
The doctor says it may take 6 months or more to get better. As you can
imagine, sex is out of the question. I had the trimming method; I think
results are better w/ the wedge.

If you're under 18, you can have a parent sign. If the surgeon knows how to bill, insurance can cover it (depending on your carrier). My best
advice is to make sure you are willing to accept the possible complications
and take the time to find the best doctor. Most women have this procedure and recover very well. Good Luck!

Hi there im on the waiting list to get my op done on the NHS, so yes u can get it done. They have told me the wait can be anything up 2 6 months so now its just a matter of waiting!!!! AND I AM SO EXCITED

heyaa..

im 17 and considering labi reduction..im feeling regular discomfort and i guess its kind of emotionally distressing!
i live in surrey and im looking for somewhere where i can get the surgery under the NHS..any recommendations?

hi...I had labia reduction surgery 10 days ago...I have never experienced so much pain in my life! things are easing now however I am really distressed about how things look. I had both sides trimmed however on one side he has trimmed labia all the way up...however on the other side he has cut my labia off the top completely...so under the clitorius i have a small amount of skin then i can see where its been cust away..he has then oulled skin over from the sideof where the labia was and stictched it down onto the missing labia!

can anyone help me?? I went to my gp who told me as its only been 10 days i need to wait another 10 days before she can look at it again and know how its going to heal...

I got my labiaplasty done on 07/27/07 and have 2 painful bumps on the leading edge of my right labia. The bumps look and feel like they may just be localized swelling. I am wondering why I still have this swelling at this time since it has been at least 6 weeks after surgery. This swelling has kept me from wearing underwear or pants since the surgery. I've also been informed that I can resume intercourse 6 weeks after surgery and when my boyfriend and I tried it yesterday there was a painful burning sensation on the inside. Is there anyone who is still experiencing a lot of discomfort 6 weeks after surgery. My surgeon did the amputation using a scalpel.

hi im sixteen and i have rather large labias (i think thats what they are called) i dont dare tell my mum and im too embarrsed to go to the docters. ive not had sex yet but i really want to! any one who knows what its like and if its worth it. please help me. x thank you x

Jesus....ok...I have large labia as well, but you all should know it IS IN FACT normal to have it. There is NO SUCH THING as a perfect vulva. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The trick is to be confident, even if you're unsure at first... make people believe you are completely comfortable with yourself and sooner or later you will actually be comfortable wit yourself and love yourself for what you are. I have a wonderful boyfriend. I'm still a virgin, and before him I was VERY scared of how guys would react to the way I look down there. But I acted like it was normal (BECAUSE IT IS) and he was fine with it. Just know you are beautiful the way you are, no matter what anyone says.

i agree you should love yourself for who you are and what you look like...i've looked at some before and after pics and mine is prolly 10 time larger than those girls...i'm not paying thousands of dollars to reduce it..its just one of those things...its like they say every flower is different..
i was just born with a bigger bloom...heehee

You can have the proceedure done at the East surrey hospital in Redhill under the care of Mr Long, Gyne consultant. good luck

Ok, but if you cannot accept it, or it causes you physical discomfort as mine did, then it is possible to have the surgery on the NHS. your GP needs to refer you to a Gynecological surgeon. It is a painful operation, but worth it. good luck

Your mum will probably already know. I appreciate the comment earlier on every flower is different.. but if the enlarged labia are causing you physical pain(rubbing on clothing, couldnt sit for long etc) then it is worth getting something done. The proceedure is called a labial reduction..and your GP can refer you on the NHS for the proceedure. Be warned it is VERY painful.

how well did you heal?

When I was 16 I realized one of my labias was larger than the other. I was horrified and very worried about it because I thought any guy I would ever be with would be horrified too! I thought about surgery but the thought of all that pain was enough to make me change my mind! Well, when I was finally with a guy, he NEVER noticed it! It still really bothered me to the point that I pointed it out to him but he said he thought I was BEAUTIFUL and he loved my labia! Since then in talking to people I found out that a lot of guys actually PREFER large labia because they think it's soooo sexy and feminine. My bf says it's a total turn on for him, one look is all it takes! A lot of guys are repulsed by small ones or lack of because to them it looks like the girl is not aroused. (sorry!) Also, I'm soooo glad I never had the surgery because I learned it removes a lot of the nerve endings that are there naturally for pleasure. Thank God since I looooovvveeee the pleasure! :-) You can also damage nerve endings permanently. I hope my experience helps someone

To anyone who has found this page in search of answers, I just want you to know, that you are not alone. It was such a comfort finding the comments I have just read, and I look back at all the years Ive let myself hate what I been given.
I am 24 now, and I'm booked in to Epsom Hospital next week for my surgery, and this has been a long time coming. I remember one night when I was 17, I was along in my room crying..holding a pair of scissors! I was so desperate to be "normal" and I was so scared of anyone seeing what I thought wasn't meant to be there I couldnt bare to look at myself. I didnt go through with it, but the thoughts were there, and have been there ever since. It was only 3 months ago, that I finally plucked up the courage to talk to someone, and went to see my GP.
She was so nice, and so comforting. She told me I was completely normal and this was something that thousands of women have and I shouldnt worry. I burst into tears and told her that it made me so happy to hear that, but after all this time, I will never like what I am. So 3 months on, two consultations later, Im getting my surgery.
Im scared, no one knows, Ive lied to my boss to get time off work, Im too embarrased to tell my family (theyve never known about how i felt), and Ive only told my boyfriend of 5 years who is going to look after me while I recover.

If you have someone you can talk to, talk to them! Dont hide your feelings, dont think that your alone, because your not!
Now im waiting for the day to come, Im feeling like Im not a freak, I dont hate myself as much, I feel quite happy. But there is no way I will ever let my boyfriend see me. Ive made it worse by living with it for so long and hating myself, so I feel there is no way back for me.
I just hope this will change the way I feel on the inside, not just on the out....